James-Atkins Student-Managed Investment Fund
Fueled by two prominent alumni, R. Michael James ’73 and Robert D. (Robby) Atkins ’65, the James-Atkins Fund gives Wofford students the opportunity to manage an investment fund with real-life, real-time results. Student research and decision-making determine the fund’s success.
- Managing Partners: These individuals will serve as the fund's primary officers. They are responsible for directing meetings, communication with members and managing projects.
- Portfolio Managers: These individuals will lead the four research teams. They are responsible for giving oversight to their research teams and leading presentations each month.
- Research Associates: These associates include all other members assigned to one of the four research teams. They are responsible for assisting the portfolio managers in research and presentations. Research associates may be promoted to portfolio managers based on their performance experience, interest, and need.
- Domestic Equity and International
- Domestic Equity and Alternative
- Domestic Equity and Real Estate
- Domestic Equity and Fixed Income
Spring 2023 Meeting Dates:
- March 1, 7-9 p.m., MBVC 104
- March 23, 7-9 p.m., MBVC 104
- April 17, 7-9 p.m. MBVC 104
- May 11, 7-9 p.m., MBVC 104
Profiles of student members and advisors in the James-Atkins Student-Managed Investment Fund
Monthly updates of the James-Atkins Fund's performance.
Members of the James-Atkins Fund are selected through an application process. While meetings are open to all, only members are allowed to participate in decision making for the fund.
This report provides an annual overview of the James-Atkins Fund, its members, highlights, investments and more.