Transfer Courses and Coursework Elsewhere

For all coursework taken at another institution, the official transcript from the transferring institution must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar from the credit granting institution. Credit will be awarded by Wofford only for courses in which a grade of ‘C’ or better is earned. All courses must be taken at a regionally accredited institution.

Transfer Courses

Transfer work for both new and continuing students is evaluated and processed by the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office makes the determination as to which courses will be accepted by Wofford and how they apply to general education requirements. The Department Chairs make the determination as to how courses apply to a major or minor. For transfer students the maximum number of transferrable credit hours is 60. For incoming, new, first-year students the maximum number of transferable credit hours (AP, CLEP, Dual Enrollment, etc.) is 24. Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be received and evaluated by the Registrar's Office before any transfer credit is awarded.

Coursework Elsewhere

Current Wofford students wishing to take a course at another college or university and apply that work to their Wofford degree requirements must secure advance approval from the Office of the Registrar. To request approved you need to complete the Application for Permission to Take Coursework Elsewhere. The form can be found on the Office of Registrar website under Forms or through myWofford under the Registrar’s Spotlight. Read the form carefully and follow the instructions as deviations my delay or prevent the awarding of credit. The Registrar's Office determines which courses will be accepted by Wofford and how they apply to general education requirements. The Department Chair decides how courses apply to a major or minor.

Transfer Course Equivalencies

The Transfer Course Equivalencies website is a guide to illustrate how coursework completed at another institution may transfer to Wofford College. The listed courses should not be considered comprehensive and only represent a history of those that have previously transferred to Wofford.

**If coursework is taken at an institution that awards quarter hours, the following equation will be used to award the transfer credit in semester hours: Quarter Hour (QH) credit is divided by 1.5 to = Semester Hours (SH). (Example: 5 QH /1.5 =3.3 SH)

To begin, select the state of the institution you wish to view. (Keep the school search info)