Wofford Travel Grants
The college offers Wofford Travel Grants to assist with the cost of Interim travel and study. Grants range from $500 to $2,000. Financial need and academic merit are the principal considerations in awarding these grants. To be considered for a merit-only award, students must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA. Eligible students who apply to their program of choice by the stated deadline will automatically be considered for grants supported by the following:
- The Ruth O. and Joab M. Lesesne Foreign Study Assistance Fund
- The Class of 1994 Endowed Scholarship Fund
- The McLean-deLucy Endowed Fund
- The Morris Family Endowed Scholarship Fund
- The Maria & Steven Mungo World Experience Fund (SC residents)
- The Javan I. and Lois N. Shedd Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Partnership Access Grants
- For Interim, Partnership Access Grants fund students applying to programs sponsored by CIEE Study Abroad and IES Abroad. Students from underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The following grant opportunities have additional application requirements for Interim travel/study. See each link below for details:
Interim 2023 Award Notifications for Wofford Travel Grants
The first round of Interim 2023 Wofford Travel Grants were awarded via email on May 12, 2022 to students who completed their applications by the priority application deadline (May 5, 2022). The second round of Interim 2023 Wofford Travel Grants will be awarded via email to students with completed applications the week following the final deadline on September 18, 2022.
Note: The Black Alumni Association Travel Grant, 21st Century Boarding Pass, and The Walter E. Hudgins Travel Grant and Award Fund are awarded after the final round of Interim applications. Applicants will be notified the week following the Interim 2023 application deadline on September 18, 2022. For specific information on these grants, please see the above links.
Other Travel Grants
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
The Gilman Scholarship program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and the Institute of International Education. Only students that currently receive a Federal Pell Grant are eligible for this scholarship program. If you are Pell Eligible but not a Pell Recipient, consider talking to the Office of Financial Aid about becoming a Pell Recipient in order to become eligible for applying to the Gilman Scholarship.
- Partner Program Scholarships
Some of Wofford’s study abroad partners may offer merit-based, need-based, and/or diversity-related scholarships for January-Term (Interim) programs. Students are encouraged to consult their partner program’s website to view up-to-date information regarding scholarship applications and deadlines. Our partners offering January-Term scholarships include:
- Wofford Travel Grants are also available for semester and summer study abroad. Please click here for details.