Students: Learn more about Wofford Scholars
High School Counselors: Nomination forms for students graduating in 2022 are now available. You may submit your Class of 2022 student's information with this Nomination Form. To nominate multiple students, please use the bulk nomination form (please do not alter the spreadsheet or change to a pdf) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. *The deadline for nominations is October 22, 2021.* Any nominations submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
About Wofford Scholars
Wofford Scholars is the largest merit-based scholarship program at Wofford College. Each February, high school counselors are invited to submit nominations for the Wofford Scholars Program. The nomination period for qualified students begins in February of the junior year and should be completed by September 15th. Extensions to the nomination deadline can be made on a case by case basis. (Note: To receive Wofford Scholars Nominee certificates for junior awards days, we must receive your nominations by April 1.) To qualify as a Wofford Scholar nominee, a student should be ranked in the top 10 percent of the class and have achieved a combined score of 1300 (Critical Reading and Math) on the SAT/PSAT or a 28 on the ACT/PLAN.
Since 1949, outstanding high school students have been competing at Wofford for scholarships based on leadership, academic achievement and character. Each year the college receives nominations for the Wofford Scholars Program from guidance counselors across the United States. From these nominees, students are selected and invited to compete for a variety of scholarships. Wofford's faculty/staff, students and alumni eagerly anticipate meeting the best and brightest young people in the country on Scholars Day.
To be competitive, nominees should:
- Rank in the top 10 percent of their class
- Score at least 1300 on the SAT/PSAT or 28 on the ACT/PLAN
- Be active in leadership and service roles in their school and/or community
Becoming a Wofford Scholar
- Apply Early Decision or Early Action and submit all application materials by the corresponding deadline. While still eligible for many merit scholarship options, Regular Decision applications will not be considered for Wofford Scholars.
- Complete a Wofford Scholars Interview in November 2021 (registration to open in September).
To be eligible, nominees must submit the following items:
- The Common Application (including Secondary School Report Form)
- An official transcript
- A letter of recommendation
If you are a high school junior, you will find that the Wofford Scholars Program can be an excellent way to learn more about the Wofford community and gain assistance in financing your education at an outstanding academic institution. If you are a high school counselor, you have the opportunity to help seniors in your school compete for scholarships worth between $60,000 and $250,000 over a four-year period.