Students: Learn more about Wofford Scholars
High School Counselors: The nomination forms are closed for students graduating in 2020 and will reopen in early March for current juniors. Nominate a student for the Class of 2020. To nominate multiple students, please use the bulk nomination form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wofford Scholars
Wofford Scholars is the largest merit-based scholarship program at Wofford College. Each February, high school counselors are invited to submit nominations for the Wofford Scholars Program. The nomination period for qualified students begins in February of the junior year and should be completed by June 15th. Extensions to the nomination deadline can be made on a case by case basis. (Note: To receive Wofford Scholars Nominee certificates for junior awards days, we must receive your nominations by April 1.) To qualify as a Wofford Scholar nominee, a student should be ranked in the top 10 percent of the class and have achieved a combined score of 1300 (Critical Reading and Math) on the SAT or a 28 on the ACT.
Since 1949, outstanding high school students have been competing at Wofford for scholarships based on leadership, academic achievement and character. Each year the college receives nominations for the Wofford Scholars Program from guidance counselors across the United States. From these nominees, students are selected and invited to compete for a variety of scholarships. Wofford's faculty/staff, students and alumni eagerly anticipate meeting the best and brightest young people in the country on Scholars Day.
To be competitive, nominees should:
- Rank in the top 10 percent of their class
- Score at least 1300 on the SAT or 28 on the ACT
- Be active in leadership and service roles in their school and/or community
Becoming a Wofford Scholar
- Apply Early Decision or Early Action and submit all application materials by the corresponding deadline. While still eligible for many merit scholarship options, Regular Decision applications will not be considered for Wofford Scholars.
- Attend Wofford Scholars Day on November 16, 2019.
To be eligible, nominees must submit the following items:
- The Common Application (including Secondary School Report Form)
- An official transcript
- A letter of recommendation
If you are a high school junior, you will find that the Wofford Scholars Program can be an excellent way to learn more about the Wofford community and gain assistance in financing your education at an outstanding academic institution. If you are a high school counselor, you have the opportunity to help seniors in your school compete for scholarships worth between $60,000 and $250,000 over a four-year period.