Preparing for Graduation
What you need to do to graduate
In addition to successfully completing all of your coursework and graduation requirements, there are a few things you should do to ensure that things run smoothly your senior year.
- Verify that your degree, major, minor and program declarations are accurate in DegreeWorks. If you need to update any aspect of your declarations, it must be done BEFORE you apply to graduate. Please contact the Office of the Registrar to make the necessary changes.
- Complete the online graduation application by the Friday before Thanksgiving. The Office of the Registrar will send an email to all students eligible to complete the application when it is available through myWofford. Students who do not apply to graduate will not receive a diploma in May.
- Review your degree audit regularly. Check DegreeWorks if you make changes to your class schedule or your major/minor. Before you "W" a course, make sure you do not need the credits associated with that course to meet the total hour or other graduation requirement. If you repeat a course that you passed the first time, you will not be able to count those hours again. Verify that the credit hours from the repeated course are only added into your total hour calculation once.
- Understand what 98% means. Typically, if you are registered for everything you need in order to graduate, your degree progress bar in DegreeWorks will be at 98 percent. Your audit will not display 100 percent until you have successfully completed all requirements and final grades have been submitted.
- Monitor your major and cumulative GPA. You must earn a 2.00 in BOTH your major and cumulative GPA in order to graduate. Know what grades you need to earn before the semester starts.
- Participate in Senior Salute. Senior Salute is held each spring and provides you with a one stop shop to order your invitations and class ring, be measured for your regalia, record your name to ensure correct pronunciation at Commencement and connect you to Wofford’s Young Alumni Association.
- Request your transcript early and online through myWofford. All end-of-term processing for the spring semester will be completed on the Tuesday after graduation. By Wednesday, the Office of the Registrar will begin processing transcript requests for graduates.
- Check your Wofford email. Any issues surrounding graduation, reminders, deadlines or updates will be sent to you via your Wofford email from firstname.lastname@example.org.