Become a Resident Assistant
As an RA, you'll make your mark by:
- Assist peers in navigating through the challenges of college
- Serving as a resource to their floor as needed
- Being a friend to the residents on their floor
- Assist with student conduct
- Creates fun and memorable events for the purpose of growing a deeper community on their floor
- Assist in creating and executing larger campus events, reflecting our 4 core values to bring students together
- Participate in after hours duty rotation, staff meetings, and other professional development opportunities
We hope you'll consider applying to join our team. On this page you'll find all of the information you may need as you consider becoming a residence assistant. If you have a question that isn't answered don't hesitate to ask. You can contact anyone in the Office of Residence Life for more information!
Before applying to be an RA, please note the minimum qualifications below:
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5
- Be in good judicial standing with a limited conduct record.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at Wofford College.
- Be willing and able to commit to the duties of the RA position; RA responsibilities should
be a primary co-curricular commitment .
For a full list of duties and responsibilities (including information about compensation), please see the job description.
We have 42 Resident Assistant positions. Both new and returning RAs need to apply. A separate application process will take place for returners. Current RAs should contact their residence life coordinator for more information.
The RA application and more information about the process is available through the Residence Life Housing portal linked on myWofford.
We look forward to receiving your applications! If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please stop by the Office of Residence Life or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.