Become a Resident Assistant
- Picture yourself helping peers navigate through the challenges of college.
- Picture yourself working on one of the most exciting and diverse teams on our campus.
- Picture yourself as a recognizable leader and a trusted campus resource.
- Picture yourself as an RA.
We hope you'll consider applying to join our team. On this page you'll find all of the information you may need as you consider becoming a residence assistant. If you have a question that isn't answered don't hesitate to ask. Just email Allen Lollis, assistant director of residence life, at email@example.com.
Before applying to be an RA, please note the minimum qualifications below:
- Minimum of a 2.6 GPA.
- RAs are expected to be in good judicial standing with the college.
- Must be available for a training session during mid-August.
- Must be available to stay on campus to assist with closing for spring break, Thanksgiving, winter and graduation.
- RA position must be your primary non-academic commitment.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities (including information about compensation), please see the job description.
We have 39 open positions, and both new and returning RAs need to apply. A separate application process will take place for returners. Current RAs should contact their resident directors for more information.
The Application Process
1) The application will be live starting on Monday, Feb. 4. Applications close at 11:55 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28. As a part of the application, you will submit the name of one on-campus reference; this individual should be a faculty or staff member. Your reference should NOT be a fellow student, family member or non-Wofford employee.
2) Individual and group interviews will take place on Saturday, March 9. Please plan to participate in this event, which will last most of the day. If you are unable to attend these interviews contact Nadia Glover ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Candidates will be notified of a decision no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 13.
We look forward to receiving your applications! If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact Allen Lollis at email@example.com.