Become a Resident Assistant
As an RA, you'll make your mark by:
- helping you peers navigate through the challenges of college.
- working on one of the most exciting and diverse teams on our campus.
- standing apart as a recognizable leader and a trusted campus resource.
- developing personal and professional skills.
- building lifelong relationships with your residents, fellow RAs, and college staff.
We hope you'll consider applying to join our team. On this page you'll find all of the information you may need as you consider becoming a residence assistant. If you have a question that isn't answered don't hesitate to ask. You can contact anyone in the office of residence life for more information!
Before applying to be an RA, please note the minimum qualifications below:
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- RAs are expected to be in good judicial standing with the college.
- Must be available for a training session during mid-August.
- Must be available to assist with closing for spring break, Thanksgiving, winter and graduation.
- RA position must be a primary non-academic commitment.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities (including information about compensation), please see the job description.
We have 42 open positions, and both new and returning RAs need to apply. A separate application process will take place for returners. Current RAs should contact their residence life coordinator for more information.
The Application Process
- Applications open on Wednesday, February 10 and close on Friday, February 26.
- Individual interviews will take place March 8-12. You will be able to select your interview date and time on the application.
- Candidates will be notified of a decision no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 16.
We look forward to receiving your applications! If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact Megan Illsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.