Become a Resident Assistant
- You can help you peers navigate through the challenges of college.
- You can work on one of the most exciting and diverse teams on our campus.
- You can stand apart as a recognizable leader and a trusted campus resource.
- You can be an RA!
We hope you'll consider applying to join our team. On this page you'll find all of the information you may need as you consider becoming a residence assistant. If you have a question that isn't answered don't hesitate to ask. You can contact anyone in the office of residence life for more information!
Before applying to be an RA, please note the minimum qualifications below:
- Minimum of a 2.6 GPA.
- RAs are expected to be in good judicial standing with the college.
- Must be available for a training session during mid-August.
- Must be available to stay on campus to assist with closing for spring break, Thanksgiving, winter and graduation.
- RA position must be your primary non-academic commitment.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities (including information about compensation), please see the job description.
We have 42 open positions, and both new and returning RAs need to apply. A separate application process will take place for returners. Current RAs should contact their residence life coordinator for more information.
The Application Process
- Applications open on Wednesday, January 27 and close on Friday, February 28. As a part of the application, you will submit the name of one on-campus reference; this individual should be a faculty or staff member. Your reference should NOT be a fellow student, family member or non-Wofford employee.
- Individual and group interviews will take place on Saturday, March 7. Please plan to participate in this event, which will last most of the day. If you are unable to attend these interviews an alternate interview can be set up, please contact Megan Illsley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Candidates will be notified of a decision no later than 8 p.m. on Monday, March 9.
We look forward to receiving your applications! If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact Megan Illsley at email@example.com.