Requirements for participation are as follows:
- Be non-US citizens
- Be ranked within the top 10% of their high school senior class.
- Have minimum SAT scores of 1250 (not counting the Essay portion), or have an ACT Composite score of 28.
- Have minimum TOEFL iBT score of 90, or IELTS score of Band 7.
- Be active in leadership or service roles in their school/community.
Potential scholarship candidates must apply for either Early Decision (November 1) or Early Action (November 15) admission to Wofford and participate in an interview via Skype (preferred) or phone. Interviews will be scheduled shortly after each application deadline and will take place Monday-Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
To be eligible, students must supply the following items:
- The Common Application with Wofford member page
- The High School Report Form and an official transcript
- Official SAT/ACT scores
- Official TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores
- One to three letters of recommendation
Selected International Scholars will receive awards beginning at $5,000 per year up to $20,000 per year.
*Students without SAT or ACT scores are not eligible to be International Scholars but may still be eligible to receive other scholarships, depending on review of their applications.
For more information, please contact international counselor Rhett Sapough at 864-597-4168 or Sapoughbr@wofford.edu.