Enrollment, Records and Course FAQs

Web: wofford.edu/registrar
Email: registrar@wofford.edu
Phone: 864-597-4030
Location: Dupré Administration Building, first floor

Name changes are processed in the Registrar's Office located in the DuPré Administration Building. Legal documents (marriage license, divorce decree, adoption papers, etc.) must be presented when filing the name change.

Students may change their address in the Registrar's Office located in the DuPré Administration Building. You may send this information by fax, email, regular mail, phone or in person. Address changes cannot be made by the student through Banner Web.

Enrollment verifications for potential employers, insurance companies, the military and student loans are handled by the Registrar's Office located in the DuPré Administration Building.

Applications for former students who want to return to Wofford are online at re-admittance applications. The deadline for filing the re-admittance form is at least 30 days before the date you wish to re-enter.

Letters of good standing are available in the Registrar's Office located in the DuPré Administration Building. These letters are sometimes referred to as transient letters.

Students must secure the approval of the department chairperson by completing the proper forms and then filing copies of the declaration forms (major, minor, concentration, program) with the Registrar's Office. These forms are located online in the student tab on myWofford.

Students may repeat four courses for which final grades of C-, D, F or WF were recorded in a prior attempt without the course hours being counted again as hours attempted. Students who undertake four repeats or fewer and make higher grades will receive the full grade-point value of the higher grades. Please note that the grades earned from all attempts will be included on the transcript, however, only the highest grade and associated hours will be included in the GPA calculation. All repeated courses exceeding the limit of four will be included in the GPA calculation.

The opportunity to repeat a course is only available to courses taken and repeated at Wofford. Students also should be aware that the GPA benefit is only available when the exact same course (subject and number) is repeated. Students wanting to repeat a course will need to obtain a ‘Repeat Override’ from the Registrar’s Office.

Wofford College students who wish to take courses at another institution during the summer and transfer the credits back to Wofford must do the following:

  • Complete the Application for Permission to take Coursework Elsewhere form available in the Registrar's Office or online.
  • Get approval on the form from the department chairperson for the course.
  • Bring the form to the Registrar's Office.
  • Request that an official transcript of work at the other institution be sent to the Registrar's Office at Wofford.

Grades of C- are not equivalent to grades of C and will not transfer to Wofford. Also, distance learning, television and wilderness training courses will not transfer.

To remain eligible to participate, you must be enrolled in 12 or more hours per semester. Before dropping a course, please contact the associate athletics director for compiance at 864-597-4097 or the registrar at 864-597-4030.