Thanks in part to Interim, Wofford students have studied in more than 70 countries and on all 7 continents.
1. Do your homework. The Interim 2020 Travel/Study projects and fees. For information regarding spaces available, please see the Interim 2020 Travel/Study Project Availability and the Interim 2020 course schedule. Read the project descriptions, expectations, and tentative itineraries to narrow your interests.
2. Attend the Interim Travel/Study Fair. The Interim 2020 Travel/Study Fair will take place on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 from 10:50 - noon on the top steps of Main Building. There will be two information sessions offered, one at 11am and one at 11:30am, where faculty who are leading travel/study projects can discuss their courses with students. All interested students should plan to attend these meetings to learn more about the academic expectations, itinerary and planned activities, selection criteria, due dates for any materials, and costs during these meetings. This is the time to ask any questions you may have!
3. Apply Online. 2020 application listings. To access the application, select your preferred project and click "Apply Now" to begin your online application. You will see a list of required tasks/materials which includes a $1000 non-refundable deposit. This must be submitted to the Office of International Programs; deposits are paid online through the online application system. The first-round Interim application deadline is Thursday, May 2, 2019 at midnight. Applications will continue to be accepted for those projects with space available and will be considered on a rolling basis until Thursday, September 19, 2019 at midnight.
Students who choose to submit a check for the $1,000 deposit should make the check out to "Wofford College" and include the student's W number on the "memo" line. Those sending checks by USPS, FedEx, or UPS should send them to the address below; however we encourage online submissions to ensure timely receipt of payment. Please note that deposits must be received in the Office of International Programs by the deadline to be considered for selection. We recommend adding 1-2 days to shipping time to account for internal mail delivery. Note: Deposits are non-refundable for those students who are selected to participate. Those not selected may apply for a second choice project or request that their deposit be returned or destroyed.
Office of International Programs
429 N. Church Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303
4. Await your application status change. Once faculty have selected their rosters, students' application statuses will be updated. Students will continue to be considered on a rolling basis as space remains available for viable projects until the final application deadline of September 19, 2019.
5. Registration. Once you are admitted, the Office of International Programs will register you for the appropriate interim course.