Wofford College’s Wellness Center and Incident Management Team continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19.
View local COVID-19 testing centers.
As a reminder, all members of the Wofford community should follow measures to prevent the spread of illness, such as:
- Wearing a face mask or other face-covering in residence hall rooms with roommates for the first 14 days of the semester, except when sleeping.
- Maintaining an appropriate social distance of at least six feet at all times.
- Respecting all guidelines including, but not limited to, updated occupancy numbers for common spaces, college facilities and classrooms.
- Only gathering in limited numbers in designated outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Limiting all unnecessary personal travel and following all quarantine and testing requirements for necessary travel.
- Cleaning touched surfaces and wiping down campus facilities after use (including handles for toilets and sinks)
- Washing hands frequently and for 20 seconds during each handwashing.
- Adhering to rules governing residence-hall living:
- Off-campus visitors, including family members, will NOT be allowed in campus residence halls after move-in.
- On-campus residents will NOT be allowed in rooms or apartments other than their own for the first 14 days of each term (Fall, Interim and Spring semesters).
- Communal spaces (study rooms, lounges, etc.) will be limited to single-person seating (couches and benches will be removed), and all seating will be spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Daily disinfecting high-touch areas within residence hall rooms (and restroom for suites).
These responsibilities extend to group participation as well:
- Choosing virtual participation or observing physical distance guidelines when participating in clubs, performing arts groups, intramural and club sports and any other college-sponsored student life activities.
- Refraining for holding parties or attending social gatherings.
- Acknowledging that the use of alcohol and drugs increases the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Members of the Wofford community are encouraged to contact Wofford’s Wellness Center or their health care provider for questions or if they experience cold-like symptoms. For additional information please access the CDC website.