Wofford College has welcomed its largest ever incoming class as the Class of 2026 arrived on campus.
The class has 508 students who were selected from a record 4,427 applications received by the college. The class is the college’s most selective.
The college also added 31 transfer students.
- There are 174 team captains, including four who captained four different athletics teams.
- The class has 135 legacy students.
- There are 121 student-athletes (61 signed; 60 are walk-ons).
- The class has 60 Palmetto Fellows.
- First-generation college students total 77.
- The class has 29 students who participated in Boys’ State (14) or Girls’ State (15).
- There are 81 students who were presidents of clubs in high school.
- Editors of a high school publication make up 16.
- The class has 20 Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients.
- There are seven high school valedictorians in the class.
- The class has six salutatorians.
- Forty-six members of the class served in student government at their high schools, including 10 who were student body presidents.
- Six students have a parent working at Wofford.
- The class has 12 international students (three from Sweden, three from the United Kingdom as well as students from Denmark, Jamaica, Canada, Vietnam, Ghana and New Zealand).
- The class has representatives from 32 states.