About the Sophomore Experience
Find a direction
The Sophomore Experience is about helping your find a direction:
- If you've already chosen your major but are unsure how to pursue internships or careers, we'll show you how.
- If you're unsure which major to choose, we'll give you tips on making a decision based on your strengths, interests, values and passions.
- If you're already set on your course, The Sophomore Experience also offers valuable information about how to network, create a strong LinkedIn presence and negotiate - a skill you'll use time and again while still in college and beyond.
This 24-hour conference-style event will introduce you to ideas, concepts and skills in a fun and interactive environment that encourages questions and emphasizes teamwork. The speakers and sessions will provide practical tools to assist with your decision-making process as you consider the next 2.5 years of college and beyond.
Some of the skills you'll learn include:
- Knowing your strengths
- Choosing a major and internship that suits your interests and strengths
- Negotiation skills
- Online career search/research skills
- Finding an internship
Who Should Attend?
Regardless of your major or planned career, you will benefit from a strong understanding of why you've chosen you major and where to go next, plus some basic principles of professional conduct. Those interested in medical school, law school, business, the arts and even graduate school will begin to develop skills that will help you as you complete your education and transition to life after Wofford.