What To Bring
While individual preferences and needs may vary, experience tells us that to best set yourself up for success, you may want to consider bringing these items:
- Laundry Supplies including a basket, fabric softener, detergent, and an iron
- Bed linens (for a twin XL bed)
- Bath towels
- Bathroom carrier (something in which to carry all of your toiletries between your room and the bathroom)
- Shower shoes (and wear them)!
- Alarm clock (unless you wake up naturally for 8 o’clock classes!)
- Small personal fan
- Desk lamp
- Surge protector
- Wall-safe putty
- Carpet or rug
- Clothes hangers
- School supplies
Remember to contact your roommate and coordinate who will bring items that you want to share like the TV, fridge, stereo, etc.
For the convenience of our students and to help minimize our carbon footprint, we have partnered with Standards For Living so you may rent an Energy Star rated compact refrigerator/freezer/microwave unit called a MicroFridge. Our partners will deliver your unit to your room before you arrive and pick it up after you move out, so you never have to worry about moving your appliance! The deadline for requesting a unit this year is August 20. Learn more and sign-up on their website.
What Not to Bring
- Weapons, firearms, airsoft guns, dart boards, knives with blades longer than three inches, explosives, fireworks
- Candles, incense, potpourri burners
- Space heaters and any item with an exposed heating surface
- George Foreman grills, toasters and toaster ovens, hot plates
- Halogen Lamps
- Pets (other than fish in 10 gal. tanks or smaller)
- Alcohol/drug paraphernalia
- Ceiling fans
- Water beds or bed lofting kits
- Refrigerators over 3’6”
- Anything that may reasonably be considered a safety or fire hazard
For a complete list of residence hall guidelines, please consult the Wofford College Student Handbook.