What To Bring
- Laundry Supplies including a basket, fabric softener, detergent, and an iron
- Twin extra long bed linens, comforter
- Bath Towels
- Bathroom Carrier—something in which to carry all of your toiletries between your room and the bathroom.
- Alarm Clock (unless you wake up naturally for 8 o’clock classes!)
- Window Fan —everyone needs a little air!
- Plastic cups, plates, silverware, and water bottle
- Desk Lamp
- Surge Protector
- Carpet or Rug
- Clothes Hangers
- Shower shoes (and wear them)!
Remember to contact your roommate and coordinate who will bring items that you want to share like the TV, fridge, stereo, etc.
For the convenience of Wofford College students and to help minimize electrical usage in the residence hall rooms, students may rent an Energy Star rated compact refrigerator/freezer/microwave oven unit called a MicroFridge through a partnership with a company called Standards For Living.
What Not to Bring
- Weapons, firearms, airsoft guns, dart boards, knives with blades longer than three inches, explosives, fireworks
- Candles, incense, potpourri burners
- An appliance with an exposed heating coil (space heaters)
- George Foreman grills, toasters and toaster ovens, hot plates
- Halogen Lamps
- Pets other than fish (in 5 gal. tanks or smaller)
- Alcohol/Drug paraphernalia
- Ceiling Fans
- Water beds, loft kits
- Refrigerators over 3’6”
For a complete list of residence hall guidelines, please consult the Wofford College Student Handbook.