Rules and Regulations
Campaign materials may be placed in the following locations:
- Exterior doors and stairwell doors of the following residence halls: Dupré, Greene, Marsh, Richardson, Shipp, Carlisle, Wightman and Lesesne. Flyers may not be placed on students' room doors without their permission.
- Walls in the campus post office.
- Bulletin boards near entrances to the Campus Life Building.
- Flyers may be placed on the doors and interior of the Village laundry facility.
- All areas on campus not specifically mentioned above are prohibited as areas where campaign literature may NOT be placed.
- All candidates are responsible for removing all campaign materials and signs within 48 hours of the completion of the election.
- Campaigns may begin whenever the undersigned candidate may see fit as long as these regulations are followed.
- Write-in campaigns are allowed as long as they are run in compliance with all election regulations.
- Only flyers, handbills, stickers, food items, or buttons may be passed out by candidates. No gift items may be given away by candidates or candidate’s representatives (this includes, but is not limited to: pencils/pens, t-shirts, etc.)
- Each candidate is allowed to use 5 large posters and 25 flyers. At-large candidates and cabinet position candidates may use 10 large posters and 50 flyers.
- Campaign literature may NOT be placed under any residence hall room doors, unless the candidate is involved in a run-off.
- Campaign literature may NOT be placed in campus post office boxes, unless it is a personalized letter addressed with the name and box number of the student.
- Campaign literature may NOT be emailed unless it is personalized and individually sent.
- The use of social media, including but not limited to Groupme, Instagram, and Facebook, is permissible for use in campaigning
- Messages may be sent to student organization leaders asking for the opportunity to meet with the organization or asking for an endorsement provided that the message is personalized and individually sent.
- Alleged violations of the above rules should be reported to a member of the Election and Nominations Committee of Campus Union.
- The committee will meet within 48 hours of learning about the alleged violation.
- The committee may interview students to determine if there has been a violation.
- The Committee may sanction a candidate(s) if it determines that there has been one or more violations.
By clicking this box and signing my name I certify that:
- I have not been previously been impeached, recalled, or asked to resign from the Campus Union Assembly, or an office thereof, and am in good standing with Wofford College.
- All other information contained in this petition is accurate and truthful. Note: Intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting information on this petition is reason to be charged with perjury before the Judicial Commission.
- I will comply with the election regulations above.
- If any of this information changes I will notify the Elections and Nominations Committee immediately.