What We Are About
The Lion's Club is an international service organization. Since 1917, Lions have served the world's population through hard work and commitment to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere. With 1.4 million members serving in more than 44,800 clubs in 187 countries and geographical areas, Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization. Lions are recognized worldwide for their service to the blind and visually impaired.
Lions Clubs International Mission
"We Serve" became the association's official motto at the International Convention in New York City in 1954. However, since its inception in 1917, Lions Clubs International has been dedicated to helping those less fortunate in their communities and around the world. Cutting across all national, racial and cultural boundaries, activities have included:
- Sight conservation and work with the visually impaired
- Hearing conservation and work with the hearing impaired
- Citizenship, educational, health and social services
- Youth programs including drug education and prevention, community outreach and volunteer programs
- Diabetes detection and research
- Work for international cooperation and understanding, including international youth camps, youth exchange programs and Lions International Peace Poster Contest
It is the vision of Twin Towers to foster a sense of community between the Wofford family and the citizens of Spartanburg and to instill in Wofford students the importance of giving something back.
Easter Egg Hunt
How You Can Help
Lions Club Links
South Carolina Lions Club
Lions Club International