Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify
Executive Director of The Space in the Mungo Center (Wofford Career Services and Professional Development)
The Executive Director of The Space in the Mungo Center works in conjunction with a team of professional staff to help Wofford students build upon the college’s exceptional liberal arts education by adding professional and career development skills desired by employers and graduate schools. In accordance with the vision of the college, The Space also is charged with integrating personal and professional development opportunities into all aspects of a Wofford education. The Space currently features additional student programs in the areas of entrepreneurship, social impact, consulting and international internships.
Wofford College, established in 1854, is a prestigious four-year, independent, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, S.C. It offers a distinctive program with 25 major fields of study to a student body of 1,650 undergraduates. Nationally known for the strength of its academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation and successful graduates, Wofford ranks highly in U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, The Fiske Guide to College, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and the Open Doors Report on International Education Exchange, an organization that recently ranked Wofford #4 in the nation for study abroad participation.
Wofford has produced six Rhodes Scholars and is home to one of the nation’s earliest Phi Beta Kappa chapters. The college community is home to 18 NCAA Division I athletics teams made up of student-athletes with some of the highest graduation rates in the country. A member of the Southern Conference, Wofford athletics regularly places the college on the national stage. In addition the college has hosted summer training camp for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers for the past 20 years.
A leader in offering high-impact learning opportunities to students, Wofford encourages students to take advantage of all that Wofford, and through it the world, has to offer.
Scope of Responsibilities
Inspire Leadership and Development of a Dynamic Team
Shape a highly effective career services and professional development team by hiring, training, motivating and setting model leadership direction for The Space. Develop The Space into the best and most distinctive professional and career development program in the undergraduate, private liberal arts sector.
Dedicated to the Success of All Wofford Students
Be visible, available, and proactive in empowering all students to assess, pursue, and achieve their post-Wofford goals. With The Space team, imagine, develop, implement, and continuously improve a palette of services that challenges students to map ambitious futures, develop skills and relationships, and cultivate dispositions for lifelong growth and success. Engagement with Wofford students across the full spectrum of majors and interests is expected.
Forge Strategic Partnerships
Strategically leverage partnerships with alumni, parents, employers, and graduate schools so that students have a robust network of relationships from which they can successfully draw.
Committed to Cross-College Coordination, Collaboration and Execution
Actively collaborate with peers in the administration, faculty, and staff in achieving the college’s vision of preparing superior students for meaningful lives as citizens, leaders, and scholars. The Space serves as an extension of the classroom, and it is crucial for achieving college-level goals in the areas of student life, recruitment, retention, marketing, development, alumni relations, and community outreach.
Reports to the Provost
Key Competency Requirements
- Master’s degree preferred
- Substantial professional experience required
- Ability to counsel and advise college students from a variety of majors, backgrounds, experiences, and vocational aspirations
- Proven track record of working with external companies, agencies and individuals to coordinate mentorships, internships, and employment opportunities for Wofford students
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training
- Proven program development and planning experience
Key Internal Operating Relationships
- Engaging, enthusiastic and inclusive leadership style
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective budget management
- Demonstrated understanding of social media and other digital communication and marketing tools
- College Academic Area Faculty and Center Staff
- Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Vice President for Enrollment
- Vice President for Marketing and Communications
- Senior Vice President for Development and Alumni
- Key Athletics Staff, including Coaches of Division 1 Athletic Teams
Minimal travel required. Regular college business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend work expected.
A letter of interest, resume and three references may be emailed to EDTheSpace@wofford.edu or mailed to Wofford College, Attn: Human Resource Office, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Questions regarding the search should be directed to the search committee chair, Philip G. Swicegood, Ph.D. at 864-597-4378. Position will remain open until filled.
Information Technology Infrastructure
& AV Technician
August 25, 2015: Open Until Filled
Wofford College is seeking
candidates for the position of Infrastructure and AV Technician. This position
reports to the Director of Network Services and is responsible for maintaining,
supporting and troubleshooting various LAN infrastructure and audio-visual
systems. This is a permanent full time (12-month) position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and
repair and maintain IT structured cabling systems and components.
repair and maintain Local Area Network devices and systems.
repair and maintain audio visual systems and components.
Coordinate and manage
installation projects for systems listed above.
Other duties as
competencies with structured cabling, AV and LAN systems.
Ability to work
Maintain neat and
organized work areas
Display willingness to
learn new systems, techniques and responsibilities.
Excellent attention to
interpersonal skills, diplomacy, good judgment and strong commitment to
in both oral and written communication.
Four years of related
work experience and a high school level education; or two years or related work
experience and an Associate degree; or equivalent of experience and education.
Application Instructions: Email letter of interest, resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately,
and will continue until the position is filled.
Full Time position with competitive benefits package
OPEN: June 22, 2015
CLOSE: Until filled or an
adequate number of qualified resumes are received
The Office of Information Management provides business intelligence support,
web application development, and institutional data reporting services for
Wofford College. Web application
programming utilizing ASP.net and SQL server databases is this position’s
The programmer/analyst will:
- develop and maintain web applications using Microsoft .NET
- assist in the implementation and maintenance of an institutional portal
- maintain the IIS web server and develop webpages for the college website
- create and maintain informational reports for all areas of the college
- assist in the development and implementation of performance
indicators/metrics for use in a dashboard environment
The following software and skills will be used on a regular basis:
- Visual Studio.Net (using VB.Net and a MS SQL database)
- SQL Developer (to write SQL and PL/SQL against an Oracle database)
- Business Objects Enterprise (Crystal Reports, Dashboard Manager, Performance
- Ellucian Banner higher education administrative software
- Microsoft Office suite
strong programming background and problem solving ability is essential. A
bachelor's degree in Computer science or related major is required for this
position. Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data sets, expertise in
designing and implementing web applications, and the ability to easily acquire
new skills are crucial. Preference will be given to candidates with
experience in a higher education setting. Candidates must be comfortable
working with administrators, faculty, and staff from a wide variety of
departments. Excellent oral and written communication skills are imperative for
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Send
letter of application, resume, and names and phone numbers of three references
to: Franklin Pettit, Director of Information Management, Wofford College, 429
North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303-3663. Email applications to: email@example.com.
Information Technology Administrative Assistant
Wofford College is looking for an administrative assistant to support the Office of Information Technology. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and provides support to the Information Technology department and the faculty/staff of the Olin building. This is a temporary to permanent full time (12-month) position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Manage purchase orders and invoices for the Information Technology department.
- Scan and file invoices to assist with the management of the Information Technology budgets.
- Coordinate orders and inventory of office supplies for the Olin building.
- Daily distribution of Olin building office mail to appropriate staff.
- Manage standard office equipment.
- Assist with complex print jobs for faculty and staff.
- Coordinate Olin building key access.
- Manage updates to Olin building office signage.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, campus community and general public.
- Ensures holidays and individual staff absences for training, vacation, illness, etc., are updated on department calendars.
- Assist information technology staff on projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrate competent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, good judgment and strong commitment to professionalism.
- Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be trained in new software and skills to benefit the department.
- Four years of related work experience and a high school level education; or two years or related work experience and an Associate degree; or equivalent of experience and education.
Application Instructions: Email letter of interest, resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.