Wofford College is seeking an Assistant Dean for International Programs. This position reports to the Dean of International Programs and is responsible for coordinating study abroad efforts at Wofford College. The Assistant Dean of International Programs coordinates all short term study abroad opportunities, serves as an advisor for study abroad, and leads marketing initiatives within the Office of International Programs. In addition, this staff member serves as risk manager and leads the Office of International Programs in crisis management overseas. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Proposed starting date for this position is September 1, 2015. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee all short-term study abroad programming (faculty-led and partner-sponsored)
- Manage a portion of short-term study abroad programs including budget preparation, application processing, and marketing
- Manage StudioAbroad software (portfolio management, application process, data collection)
- Advise students regarding semester and summer study abroad opportunities
- Lead study abroad orientation sessions
- Serve as risk and crisis manager within the Office of International Programs
- Coordinate marketing and publicity efforts
- Develop special projects as needed to meet internationalization initiatives
- Develop and coordinate best practices for the promotion of, application to, orientation for, supervision of, and reentry from study abroad
- Collaborate with the dean to oversee all external OIP materials
- Distribute international programs data (internally and externally)
- Respond to parent and student concerns as needed
- Collaborate with Admission to market international programming to prospective students and their families
- Serve as social media coordinator for a variety of platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs)
- master’s degree in a related field
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Power Point and databases (knowledge of Studio Abroad software preferred)
- previous study abroad or international work experience
- proven success with project management
- strong attention to and a passion for details
- experience and commitment to working with students from diverse and under-represented populations in study abroad
- minimum 3-years of experience working in the field of education abroad
- proficiency in a second language preferred
- experience working with faculty-led short-term study abroad programs preferred
- understanding of website and publication design and maintenance, and use of social media marketing preferred
Application Instructions: Only electronic applications will be accepted. In a single email, please send current resume, cover letter and three references (including telephone numbers and email addresses) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
Assistant Director of the Terrier Club
OPEN: May 13, 2015
CLOSE: May 20, 2015
Wofford College, a NCAA Division I institute and member of the Southern Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of the Terrier Club. Position will report to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Development. The Assistant Director will work in collaboration with the Events Director of the Terrier Club on the Wofford Invitational Golf Tournaments, as well as coordinate annual giving efforts with the college’s Director of Annual Giving. The Assistant Director will have game day duties in regards to donor parking and assist with Terrier Club functions as needed, and other duties as assigned by the Sr. Associate Athletic Director.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for maintaining the current donor base and obtaining new donors for the Terrier Club. In addition, he/she will work in concert with the Development Office on major gift prospects as appropriate. The role will involve identification, cultivation, and assisting in planning/implementing donor strategies to secure support for the college and athletics as outlined in the College’s strategic vision plan (www.wofford.edu/strategicvision). The successful candidate will be an integral team member as the college strives to increase the overall donor base and leadership gifts pipeline. Also, he/she must be an active member of the campus community in order to be a well versed representative of Wofford to alumni, parents, and friends of the college.
- Must be self-motivated and require minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics
- Knowledge of social media and proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
- Position requires weekend and after hours work, as well as some travel.
- Must have a good sense of humor, be enthusiastic, and have an outgoing personality.
- A Bachelor’s degree and development/sales experience preferred.
Mail or fax cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Terri Lewitt
Sr. Associate Athletic Director
429 North Church St.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
TITLE: Administrative Assistant for the Wofford Alumni and Parent Programs Office
Reports to the Director of Alumni and Parents Programs
Open: May 4, 2015
Close: Once position is filled
The administrative assistant (a full-time, non-exempt position) duties will include greeting visitors, answering the main Alumni phone line, maintaining the department’s Outlook calendar and assisting with scheduling meetings, occasional data entry, running reports as requested, sending invitations, tracking RSVPS for campus and off campus events large and small, preparing nametags, helping to set up special events, and working at the check-in/registration tables for many of the events, which occasionally will be scheduled in the evening or on a weekend, serving as a back-up receptionist for the Development office. Other duties include running copies, scanning, filing, faxing, and similar routine office tasks. The administrative assistant will take direction from Director of Alumni and Parents Programs and possibly from other individuals leading the following programs: alumni programs, parent programs, student programs, and more.
- Four years of related work experience and a high school level education; or two years or related work experience and an Associate degree; or equivalent of experience and education.
- Customer Service orientation.
- Energetic with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel. Mail merge experience very helpful.
- Possess qualities of confidentiality and discretion.
- Professional, engaging and honest demeanor.
- Ability to handle multiple and complex tasks and projects competently, diplomatically, and in a timely manner.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please email cover letter, resume to Director of Development Operations, GoingsLE@Wofford.edu
Director of Library Research, Education, and Outreach Services
April 8, 2015: Announcement is until position is filled
Position is full-time with benefits
Wofford College seeks an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our team as we transform the Sandor Teszler Library into a vibrant academic commons. The person in this position will be responsible for advancing methods through which the library can connect with students, faculty, and staff, while also facilitating connections among those groups in the context of the library and academic commons. The successful candidate will be at ease in a collaborative working environment in which flexibility, communication, and cooperation form the foundation. Verbal and written communication skills are fundamental to this position, as is the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relations with a diverse array of individuals. Creativity and a user-centered mindset will be needed to ensure that the library’s outward facing services are successfully promoted to and easily accessed by the Wofford community.
Primary duties include:
- Steers the overarching direction of reference and research services, which are provided through a variety of methods
- Coordinates library outreach and marketing services
- Provides strategic guidance for the coordination of a multi-faceted instruction program, in collaboration with our Instruction Coordinator
- Provides oversight of circulation and reserve activities
- Facilitates collaborative endeavors with faculty, especially in the incorporation of the principles of information literacy into the curriculum
- Coordinates and participates in the development of an academic department liaison program
- Advances student engagement with the library
Other duties include:
- Contributes to collection development activities
- Assists in designing flexible, innovative, and student-focused spaces in the library
- Teaches courses for students of all levels in the instruction program
- Participates in the provision of reference services
- Contributes to the development and deployment of library assessment activities, specifically in the areas of reference, instruction, and outreach
- Supervises and evaluates library faculty and staff
Requirements for this position include:
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in academic libraries
- User-focused service philosophy
- Experience providing research services and instruction in an academic library environment
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Experience with assessing library services
- Demonstrable success with outreach and marketing library services
- Experience with and knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies
Preferred qualifications include:
- Subject master’s degree, especially in an area not already represented among the library staff
- Experience with digital liberal arts programs and activities
- Prior experience in a liberal arts college library
This position reports to the Dean of the Library, and has supervisory responsibility of permanent and student staff. The position may entail some evening and weekend work.
Located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Wofford College is a private, selective, national liberal arts college with approximately 1,600 students. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is an exciting time to be at Wofford, in part because the College is beginning the implementation of its new, ambitious Strategic Vision.
Wofford's Sandor Teszler Library is home to twelve full-time and four part-time staff members, including seven faculty librarians and archivists. Wofford's library has recently completed a partial renovation of the main level, allowing it to better facilitate student learning and collaboration. The library maintains an active instruction program, and the reference desk is staffed by library faculty approximately 55 hours a week. The institution utilizes the Summon discovery service, providing students and faculty with access to over 200 million electronic books, journals, and other resources. The library also houses the college’s special collections and archives, including the historic records of the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.
For information on Wofford College, view our web site at http://www.wofford.edu.