Senior Specialty Visit
Registration for Spring Senior Specialty Visits will open on December 20, 2019.
Spending the Night
You will be matched with one of our Wofford Ambassadors as an overnight host. We take into consideration your academic area of interest, desired involvement at Wofford and your hometown. You will meet your overnight host in the admission office at 4:45 PM, the night prior to your visit. You will be given a meal pass to eat dinner and breakfast on campus.
Please note: Overnight visits occur the evening before your scheduled appointments and are offered only on Sunday and Tuesday nights.
What to Bring:
- Sleeping bag & pillow (Please let us know in advance if you can’t bring this with you)
- Clothing and toiletries for the following day
- Questions about living on campus, in the residence halls, and overall life as a Wofford student!
We would encourage you to choose the class that interests you the most from our list, even if it is outside your academic area of interest.
While in the classroom, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I like how the professors interact with students?
- Do I like how engaged the students are with one another and the professor?
- How do I feel in a class this size?
- What is the general attitude towards academics?
Lunch with a Current Student
We want you to experience our many dining options on campus. Typically, your lunch host is a different student than your overnight host. Our hope is that you will gain a different prospective on campus and you get a chance to ask any additional questions. You will be given a lunch pass to eat on campus.
An admission interview is not a requirement for your application to Wofford. The purpose of an interview is to help our counselors better assess you as a candidate and get to know the person behind your grades and test scores. If you would like an interview, please indicate that in the special requests section at the bottom of the form.
How to Prepare:
- Come ready to talk about your high school experiences and how that has prepared you for the rigors of higher education.
- Talk about what makes you unique and your future goals.
- Practice basic interviewing skills before you arrive such as making consistent eye contact, smiling and shaking hands.
Financial Aid appointments will provide general information and are intended for the family to understand the various resources available to students to help pay for college.
How to prepare:
- You may complete the Net Price Calculator to get an idea of costs and financial aid opportunities.
- Begin researching outside scholarships.
- Ask questions and understand your payment options for covering any balance owed (i.e., payment plans, parent loans, other student loans).
Are you interested in studying abroad while you are at Wofford? Then set up a meeting with the Office of International Programs to learn more about our programs.
How to prepare:
The Career Center
Are you interested in learning more about the Career Center here at Wofford? Then set up a meeting with the Career Center to learn more about their programs. Check all of the opportunities offered to students through the Career Center.
Meeting with a Professor
If you would like a few minutes to sit down with one of our professors in your academic area of interest, please include this in the “special requests” box at the end of your registration form.
Auditioning for Performing Arts Scholars - auditions have concluded for this year
Are you interested in auditioning to become a Performing Arts Scholar here at Wofford? Then request an audition with the program of your choosing in the “special requests” box at the end of the registration form, and we will set up an audition that works with your schedule.