The Office of Admission is excited to announce the GOLD (Growing Our Leadership through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Scholarship. We invite applications from incoming first-year students from historically underrepresented populations (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, or Multiracial) with the purpose of acknowledging these students who have exhibited strong academic achievement, leadership within civic engagement, and potential to contribute to the Wofford community and beyond.
Selected recipients of the GOLD Scholarship will receive awards of $5,000 per year. These are annually renewable and stackable with additional aid.
Deadline: January 3, 2022
To be considered for a GOLD Scholarship, complete and submit ALL THREE (3) of the following application components before the deadline.
- Apply for admission to Wofford by the Early Action deadline (Nov. 15).
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to Wofford's Financial Aid Office.
- Complete the GOLD Scholarship application.
Application Essays (Answer one of the following questions)
- How have your life experiences and educational pursuits informed your understanding of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion?
- How do you intend to contribute to the efforts of diversity, equity, and inclusion, during your time at Wofford College, if you are awarded the GOLD Scholarship? This could be in relation to engaging in scholarly discourse, community engagement, research, or other creative efforts.
After the January 3rd application deadline, selected individuals will be notified about scholarship status by February 15th.