The R. Michael James Student-Managed Investment Fund
This organization provides Wofford students with real-life investment experience by managing a stock portfolio. Membership is open to Finance and Accounting majors and non-majors alike. The Fund's first meeting was held on September 9, 2008.
- Managing Partners: These individuals will serve as the Fund's primary officers. They are responsible for directing our meetings, communication with members, and managing projects.
- Portfolio Managers: These individuals will lead the four research teams. They are responsible for giving oversight to their research teams and leading presentations each month.
- Research Associates: These associates include all other members assigned to one of the four research teams. They will be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Managers in research and presentations. Research Associates may be promoted to Portfolio Managers based on their performance experience, interest, and need.
- Domestic Equity & International
- Domestic Equity & Alternative
- Domestic Equity & Real Estate
- Domestic Equity & Fixed Income
In the News
Click here to read an introductory story concerning the Fund, which appeared in the Spartanburg Herald-Journal on May 1, 2008.
Your comments or suggestions are greatly encouraged and appreciated. Please feel free to do so by contacting the managing partner of the James Fund.