Welcome to Launch, home of Wofford’s entrepreneurial programs.
The Launch program provides education, resources, a community of support and the professional connections necessary to support Wofford students in developing entrepreneurial ventures.
Our programs are designed to help students develop an entrepreneurial mindset. This mindset enables one to recognize and pursue opportunities; have a bias towards action; creatively solve challenging problems; communicate and work collaboratively within diverse teams to create value and drive progress. In addition to the data which suggests that liberal arts students with an entrepreneurial skillset have more job opportunities and higher starting salaries, this mindset equips students to be successful in life, whether that is starting their own company (link to alumni entrepreneurs) or adding value to an existing organization through launching new products, services, initiatives or policies.
The Launch Scholarship
The Launch Scholarship Program recruits incoming freshmen who demonstrate a strong passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. Each year, we enroll 8-10 highly motivated students in our robust programming; many of whom have an interest in harnessing the power of entrepreneurship for social impact, locally and globally. These students spend their first semester progressing through our rigorous and immersive Foundations in Entrepreneurial Thinking curriculum - a 14 week program rooted in the current best-practices in new-venture development and innovation methodologies. Students are expected to commit approximately one hour per day to the program.
Students joining the Launch program gain access to:
- An innovative and collaborative community of 35+ entrepreneurially-minded peers.
- A highly developed entrepreneurial ecosystem, designed to provide exceptional support to student-entrepreneurs.
- Access to Launch’s existing funding opportunities as well as our exclusive co-working space.
- Participation in workshops, programming and team events.
- The opportunity to engage with and learn from our growing global network of entrepreneurs.
- Two full-time advisors with a proven track-record of educating, supporting and developing successful entrepreneurs.
- The opportunity to showcase their work at Launch’s annual Terrier StartUP Challenge, which provides the opportunity to pitch their concept/company in front of approximately 400 students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and local community leaders – all for the chance to win seed funding to advance their business venture or social enterprise.
Certificate in Entrepreneurial Thinking
Perfect for students who want to benefit from developing entrepreneurial abilities in a condensed period of time. The certificate in entrepreneurial thinking is an immersive and experiential course offered each year during interim. Students from all majors and years are placed on teams and guided through the process of launching an innovative new venture.
All entrepreneurs reach a point where they need access to capital in order to further develop their vision. We’ve created a number of different funding mechanisms to support our students, including: a Low-Interest Loan program, a Social Entrepreneurship Grant, as well as Seed Funding. In addition to these programs, we also award significant funding to the top finalists of our annual pitch competition, the Terrier StartUP Challenge.