Career Services Workshops
Register to attend a Career Services Workshop
September 30 - October 4
About Career Services Workshops:
Each year during fall and spring Career Weeks, as well as at least one additional time during each semester, Career Services staff hold workshops to discuss the programs and services available to students and answer questions about a wide variety of career-related topics. Each workshop is developed for students in a particular class, but students may attend any session they wish. Topics are covered in a manner consistent with each stage in the college experience and include:
|Career Prep for First Years
- Assessing your interests/strengths to determine the right major.
- Getting involved in clubs/activities to help find a major/career path.
- An introduction to Career Services programs and services.
- Why you need a resume, right now.
|Career Prep for Sophomores
- Work with Career Services staff to target career-specific interests and discuss career assessment tools.
- Ensure you're choosing a major that matches your values, interests and passions.
- Use programs such as The Sophomore Experience, Executive Speaker Series, and The Institute to identify, develop and refine your interests and build career skills.
- Work with Career Services staff to define and pursue an internship opportunity in your area of interest.
|Career Prep for Juniors
- Refine your resume to ensure you're eligible for an internship in your career area of interest.
- Perfect your interview skills so you're ready for internship and graduate school interviews.
- Use programs such as Graduate and Law School Day, Career Week, Executive Speaker Series, and The Institute to make contacts, develop resume-quality skills and test the waters of professional life.
- Create a career or graduate school strategy.
|Career Prep for Seniors
- Perfect your resume with a Career Services critique.
- Schedule a mock interview to help you ace the important career or grad school interview.
- Network with alumni.
- Use LinkedIn for your career search.
- Participate in upcoming Career and Hiring Events.
- Create a Career Search Strategy.