We offer resume advice, review and proofing by appointment, and we're glad to help! Before you schedule an appointment, you must create a resume. Follow the steps below to get started.
Resumes come in multiple formats and are used for more than applying for jobs: They serve as an explanation of your academic, experiential, social and community involvement. A resume is your opportunity to highlight the things you've done over the past few years. Use it to apply for internships or jobs, provide more information about yourself to a reference or recommender, or to finalize your graduate school application.
There are many reasons to create a resume, and you may decide to produce several different versions (in fact, we recommend it). We list various approaches below. Review each one before you decide which one fits you best.
1. Check out these samples to see what a good resume looks like.
2. Download our resume tips (.pdf) for instructions on how to create your resume.
3. Download the resume checklist (.pdf) to ensure your resume is clear and effective.
4. Don't forget a great cover letter! Here are some samples to review (.pdf).
5. After you create your resume, talk with a Career Coach for proofreading and feedback.
6. Submit your resume to TerrierLink, our jobs/internships board, and begin your search.