What to Bring
- Laundry Supplies including a basket, fabric softener, detergent, and an iron
- Twin extra long bed linens, comforter
- Bath Towels
- Bathroom Carrier—something in which to carry all of your toiletries between your room and the bathroom.
- Alarm Clark (unless you wake up naturally for 8 o’clock classes!)
- Window Fan —everyone needs a little air!
- Plastic cups, plates, silverware, and water bottle
- Desk Lamp
- Surge Protector
- Carpet or Rug
- Clothes Hangers
- Shower shoes (and wear them)!
Remember to contact your roommate and coordinate who will bring items that you want to share like the TV, fridge, stereo, etc. Many students will end up buying a dehumidifier for their rooms. Something to think about, however, is waiting until you have been in your room long enough to know whether or not you need these types of appliances. If you do decide to purchase something for air quality (dehumidifier, vaporizer, etc) check with upperclassmen who may be willing to sell theirs from previous years. They are often not needed after the first year.
What Not to Bring
- Weapons, firearms, airsoft guns, dart boards, knives with blades longer than three inches, explosives, fireworks
- Candles, incense, potpourri burners
- An appliance with an exposed heating coil (space heaters)
- George Foreman grills, toasters and toaster ovens, hot plates
- Halogen Lamps
- Pets other than fish (in 5 gal. tanks or smaller)
- Alcohol/Drug paraphernalia
- Ceiling Fans
- Water beds, Loft kits (We will provide lofting kits when needed).
- Refrigerators over 3’6”
For a complete list of residence hall guidelines, please consult the Wofford College Student Handbook.