About Residence Life
The Office of Residence Life at Wofford College is committed to providing students with a safe and secure environment that fosters student development, facilitates community mindedness, supports academics success, and celebrates diversity.
At Wofford, Residence Life provides more than a place to sleep and study. It is in halls that social, spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual life blends together as in no other campus environment. Living in a residence hall complements academic studies with educational, cultural, social, and recreational programs. All students are encouraged to take full advantage of the Office of Residence Life.
The Office of Residence Life provides live-in staff in the residence halls and coordinates programs to achieve the following goals:
- To keep residence halls clean and safe.
- To provide an environment in which students grow as members of a community, emphasizing self-discipline, respect for the rights of others, adherence to rules necessary for order and achievement, and responsibility and accountability for individual actions.
- To encourage and support academic success
- To identify students who need special assistance, advice or counseling.
- To support the mission of the Office of Student Affairs and Wofford College.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are more than just student employees of the College. They are mentors and student leaders. Do you have what it takes to be a Resident Assistant? If you’re considering applying take a look at the job description and prepare for the interviews!