The following timeline is tentative and all dates are subject to change.
- Dr. Benjamin B. Dunlap announces that he will retire as Wofford's tenth president effective June 30, 2013.
- The Presidential Search Committee is announced, begins holding meetings, and solicits feedback from various constituent groups.
- Presidential Prospectus sent out; search begins in earnest.
- Presidential Search Committee begins accepting nominations and evaluating application materials.
- March 1st- Application materials should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1, for the most favorable consideration.
- Early March- Presidential Search Committee begins to narrow the candidate pool.
- The new president will be invited to begin work on or about July 1, 2013.