Supportive Campus Environment (SCE)
What does NSSE have to say about Supportive Campus Environment (SCE)?
“Students perform better and are more satisfied at colleges that are committed to their success and cultivate positive working and social relations among different groups on campus.”
What types of questions determine the Supportive Campus Environment score?
- Campus environment provides the support you need to help you succeed academically
- Campus environment helps you cope with your non-academic responsibilities (work, family, etc.)
- Campus environment provides the support you need to thrive socially
- Quality of relationships with other students
- Quality of relationships with faculty members
- Quality of relationships with administrative personnel and offices
How can Wofford improve by examining these data?
The institution is committed to using NSSE data to improve the overall education experience of students, not just to pat itself on the back. Here are a few things the college has learned (or decided to investigate further) based on results from the individual questions that comprise the SCE index.
- Wofford students report a very strong relationships with other students, faculty, and administrative personnel and offices.
- Both First-year students and seniors say that Wofford provides them with the support they need to succeed academically