What is the Newman Club?
The Newman Club is named after John Henry Newman (1801-1890), a Catholic Cardinal known for his ministry to college students. The Wofford College Newman Club is just one of many Newman organizations found at universities all over the United States and the world.
The Wofford College Newman Club serves as the Catholic student organization on campus, fostering spiritual, social, and academic growth by:
- Hosting masses on campus in Mikel Chapel and in the home of the Dean of Students,
- Organizing spiritual retreats for the Wofford community,
- Partipating in various religious events on campus,
- Providing service to the community
- Planning social activities.
Participation is not limited to Catholic students. Anyone who wishes to join us in the praise and service of God is welcomed.