Home > Campus Life > Greek Life > Kappa Delta

Philanthropy

 

 kappa delta logo 

 

 

Local Philanthropy Groups and Events:  

Shamrock Events
Meals on Wheels
Spartanburg Children's Center
Soup Kitchens                      
Tutoring at local schools
Halloween Carnival  

1           2         3
 

 


National Philanthropy Organizatio:  

Prevent Child Abuse America
Girl Scouts of the USA
Dove Campaign for Natural Beauty
Children's Hospital of Richmond, VA
Orthopedic Research Awards



 

The Kappa Deltas at Wofford College are involved in many philanthropic activities around Spartanburg. KDs volunteer their time at the soup kitchen, St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic, the Children's Home of the Upstate, and Meals on Wheels. They also host a variety of activities for the girl scouts on Wofford's campus with the goal of spreading confidence in young girls. Each spring, KD helps the girl scouts sell their cookies on campus. Kappa Delta also hosts the Shamrock 'N Run 5K in March. All of the proceeds benefit the Children's Shelter of the Upstate and Prevent Child Abuse America. This year, we raised approximately $22,000! The run was a huge success with a fantastic turnout --nearly double the number of runners compared to last year! 80% of the funds raised will stay in Spartanburg and benefit The Children's Shelter of the Upstate. The remaining 20% will support the national organization Prevent Child Abuse America. These contributions fund advocacy programs, a statewide network of support, and volunteer active programs. Thank you to our sponsors, runners, and everyone who worked so hard to make this event possible! We greatly appreciate your contributions and support!

 

 ShamrockNRun