How to Apply for a Travel Study Project
1. Do your homework. The 2016 project listings and fees are online here. For information regarding spaces available, please see the Interim 2016 Travel/Study Project Availability site. Read the project descriptions, expectations, and tentative itineraries to narrow your interests.
2. Attend the Interim Travel/Study Fair. On Thursday, September 10, 2015, Wofford faculty will be available to discuss travel/study opportunities for January 2016. Flyers for each project will be available in front of Old Main. At 11:00 AM and 11:25 AM, sponsors offering these projects will hold informational meetings. These meetings are for interested students to learn more about project offerings, not for enrollment or other commitment in any form. You should plan to attend these meetings to learn more about the academic expectations, itinerary and planned activities, selection criteria, due dates for any materials, and costs during these meetings. This is the time to ask any questions you may have.
3. Apply Online. Click here to access the 2016 application listings. To access the application, select your preferred project and click "Apply Now" to begin your online application. You will see a list of required tasks/materials which includes a $1000 non-refundable deposit ($500 for projects with a fee less than $1000). This must be submitted to the Office of International Programs (online payments preferred). All items in the checklist must be submitted online by Monday, September 21, 2015 by midnight.
Parents who elect to submit a check made out to Wofford College and include the student's W number on the "memo" line. Those sending checks by USPS, FedEx, or UPS should send them to the address below, however we encourage online submissions only to ensure timely receipt of payment. Please note that deposits must be received in the Office of International Programs by the deadline to be considered for selection. We recommend adding 1-2 days to shipping time to account for internal mail delivery. Note: Deposits are non-refundable for those students who are selected to participate. Those not selected may apply for a second choice project or request that their deposit be returned or destroyed.
Office of International Programs
429 N. Church Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303
4. Await your application status change. Once faculty have selected their rosters, students' application statuses will be updated. Students will continue to be considered on a rolling basis as space remains available for viable projects beyond September 21st.
5. Register. Once you are admitted, your faculty sponsor will grant you an override so that you may register on myWofford. Registration for travel/study projects (only) will take place from Tuesday, September 29th to Friday, October 2nd.
For deadlines and application for all Wofford Travel Grants, please click here .