How to Apply for a Travel Study Project
1. Do your homework. The 2015 project listings are now available online with estimated cost information (fees updated as of August 2014). Read the project descriptions, expectations, and tentative itineraries to narrow your interests.
2. Attend the Interim Travel/Study Fair. On Thursday, September 11, 2014, Wofford faculty will be available to discuss travel/study opportunities for January 2015. Flyers for each project will be available in front of Old Main. At 11:00 AM and 11:25 AM, sponsors offering these projects will hold informational meetings. These meetings are for interested students to learn more about project offerings, not for enrollment or other commitment in any form. You should plan to attend these meetings to learn more about the academic expectations, itinerary and planned activities, selection criteria, due dates for any materials, and costs during these meetings. This is the time to ask any questions you may have.
3. Apply Online. Click here to access the 2015 application listings. To access the application, select your preferred project and click "Apply Now" to begin your online application. You will see a list of required tasks/materials which includes a $1000 non-refundable deposit ($500 for projects with a fee less than $1000). This must be submitted to the Office of International Programs (online payments are encouraged). All items in the checklist must be submitted online by Monday, September 22nd at 3PM. Students may only submit one deposit and submit one application. Students or their parents who elect to submit a check made out to Wofford College and include the student's W number on the "memo" line. Those sending checks by USPS, FedEx, or UPS should send them to the address below, however we encourage online submissions only to ensure timely receipt of payment. Please note that deposits must be received in the Office of International Programs by the deadline to be considered for selection. We recommend adding 1-2 days to shipping time to account for internal mail delivery. Note: Deposits are non-refundable for those students who are selected to participate. Those not selected may apply for a second choice project or request that their deposit be returned or destroyed.
Office of International Programs
429 N. Church Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303
4. Await your application status change. Once faculty have selected their rosters, students' applications will be updated early the following week and the second round of applications will begin Thursday, September 25th at which time students may roll their checks over or submit new applications online to the Office of International Programs.
5. Register. Once you are admitted, your faculty sponsor will grant you an override so that you may register on myWofford. Registration will take place from Tuesday, September 30th to Friday, October 3rd.
For deadlines and application for all Wofford Travel Grants, please click here .