Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to: preparing budget; organizing and conducts practice sessions; recruiting student-athletes; preparing inventory of supplies and equipment; reporting on needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Athletic Director, working with the Assistant Athletic Director to order equipment; attending professional meetings, clinics, workshops, etc.; working with the Sports Information Director regarding team pictures, publicity, and newsletters; working with the Athletic Director on scheduling; recommending athletes for awards; furnishing NCAA information regarding team roster, eligibility, coaching staff limitations, etc. to the Associate Athletic Director; maintaining a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Southern Conference, and institutional rules and complies accordingly; responsible for organizing team travel; responsible for developing training rules and conduct of athletes; responsible for other details or any other assignment by the Athletic Director. In addition, the head coach will participate in fundraising activities through the Terrier Club and other College activities.
A bachelor’s degree is required and three to five years of coaching experience is preferred.
TO APPLY: Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Elizabeth Rabb, Associate Athletics Director
429 North Church Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Executive Director of The Space in the Mungo Center (Wofford Career Services and Professional Development)
The Executive Director of The Space in the Mungo Center works in conjunction with a team of professional staff to help Wofford students build upon the college’s exceptional liberal arts education by adding professional and career development skills desired by employers and graduate schools. In accordance with the vision of the college, The Space also is charged with integrating personal and professional development opportunities into all aspects of a Wofford education. The Space currently features additional student programs in the areas of entrepreneurship, social impact, consulting and international internships.
Wofford College, established in 1854, is a prestigious four-year, independent, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, S.C. It offers a distinctive program with 25 major fields of study to a student body of 1,650 undergraduates. Nationally known for the strength of its academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation and successful graduates, Wofford ranks highly in U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, The Fiske Guide to College, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and the Open Doors Report on International Education Exchange, an organization that recently ranked Wofford #4 in the nation for study abroad participation.
Wofford has produced six Rhodes Scholars and is home to one of the nation’s earliest Phi Beta Kappa chapters. The college community is home to 18 NCAA Division I athletics teams made up of student-athletes with some of the highest graduation rates in the country. A member of the Southern Conference, Wofford athletics regularly places the college on the national stage. In addition the college has hosted summer training camp for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers for the past 20 years.
A leader in offering high-impact learning opportunities to students, Wofford encourages students to take advantage of all that Wofford, and through it the world, has to offer.
Scope of Responsibilities
Inspire Leadership and Development of a Dynamic Team
Shape a highly effective career services and professional development team by hiring, training, motivating and setting model leadership direction for The Space. Develop The Space into the best and most distinctive professional and career development program in the undergraduate, private liberal arts sector.
Dedicated to the Success of All Wofford Students
Be visible, available, and proactive in empowering all students to assess, pursue, and achieve their post-Wofford goals. With The Space team, imagine, develop, implement, and continuously improve a palette of services that challenges students to map ambitious futures, develop skills and relationships, and cultivate dispositions for lifelong growth and success. Engagement with Wofford students across the full spectrum of majors and interests is expected.
Forge Strategic Partnerships
Strategically leverage partnerships with alumni, parents, employers, and graduate schools so that students have a robust network of relationships from which they can successfully draw.
Committed to Cross-College Coordination, Collaboration and Execution
Actively collaborate with peers in the administration, faculty, and staff in achieving the college’s vision of preparing superior students for meaningful lives as citizens, leaders, and scholars. The Space serves as an extension of the classroom, and it is crucial for achieving college-level goals in the areas of student life, recruitment, retention, marketing, development, alumni relations, and community outreach.
Reports to the Provost
Key Competency Requirements
- Master’s degree preferred
- Substantial professional experience required
- Ability to counsel and advise college students from a variety of majors, backgrounds, experiences, and vocational aspirations
- Proven track record of working with external companies, agencies and individuals to coordinate mentorships, internships, and employment opportunities for Wofford students
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training
- Proven program development and planning experience
Key Internal Operating Relationships
- Engaging, enthusiastic and inclusive leadership style
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective budget management
- Demonstrated understanding of social media and other digital communication and marketing tools
- College Academic Area Faculty and Center Staff
- Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Vice President for Enrollment
- Vice President for Marketing and Communications
- Senior Vice President for Development and Alumni
- Key Athletics Staff, including Coaches of Division 1 Athletic Teams
Minimal travel required. Regular college business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend work expected.
A letter of interest, resume and three references may be emailed to EDTheSpace@wofford.edu or mailed to Wofford College, Attn: Human Resource Office, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Questions regarding the search should be directed to the search committee chair, Philip G. Swicegood, Ph.D. at 864-597-4378. Position will remain open until filled.
Director of Library Collections, Discovery, and Access Services
Wofford College seeks an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our team as Director of Library Collections, Discovery, and Access Services. This person will have responsibility for coordinating collection development activities in strategic and innovative ways, and for collaboratively guiding cataloging and discovery services. If you have a proven record of engaging faculty and students in collection development, of sound stewardship of financial resources, and of promoting methods that increase discovery and access of resources, you are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be at ease in a collaborative working environment in which flexibility, communication, and cooperation form the foundation. Verbal and written communication skills are fundamental to this position, as is the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relations with a diverse array of individuals. Despite much of the activity traditionally considered to be “behind the scenes” work, this department strives to have a public service orientation.
Primary duties include:
- Steers the overarching direction of the library’s collection development activities
- Provides strategic guidance for the coordination of cataloging and discovery services, in collaboration with our Coordinator of Discovery and Access Services
- Develops and implements processes for acquiring, describing, and making resources accessible in a 21st century academic library
- Assists with the development and coordination of an academic department liaison program
- Leads systematic collection assessment activities and actively uses the results in decision making
- Participates in the provision of reference and instruction services
- Supervises, mentors, and evaluates library faculty and staff
Requirements for this position include:
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in academic libraries
- Proven experience in successfully planning and managing budgets
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with current and emerging practices and technologies in libraries, especially in the areas of acquiring, describing and making resources accessible
- Demonstrated experience in successfully and humanely guiding change in an organization
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Subject master’s degree, especially in an area not already represented among the library staff
- Prior experience in a liberal arts college library
- Knowledge of copyright and resource licensing matters
- Prior experience with successful strategic collaboration with other libraries
This is a new position, reporting to the Dean of the Library, and has supervisory responsibility of permanent and student staff. The position may entail some evening and weekend work.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information Technology – Network Administrator
Wofford College is seeking candidates for the position of Network Administrator. This position reports to the Director of Network Services and is responsible for maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting LAN devices and systems. This is a permanent full time (12-month) position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Manage and support Enterprise LAN infrastructure including:
- Cisco Catalyst switch models 3850, 4500X, Nexus 56128
- Cisco ASA5585 and 5520 Firewalls
- Cisco 7206 routers
- Cisco 5508 wireless LAN controllers and AIR-3702 and AIR-702 WAPs
- Cisco CUCM and CUP voice system with CP-8961 phones and VG224 analog gateways
- Manage and support operational systems including:
- Cisco Secure ACS
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco ISE
- BT Diamond IP Control
- Cacti monitoring
- Coordinate and manage installation projects for systems listed above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical competencies routing, switching, IP management
- LAN security concepts including access lists, access control, WiFi encryption, VPN
- Voice system administration
- Technical documentation
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Display willingness to learn new systems, techniques and responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate competent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, good judgment and strong commitment to professionalism.
- Minimum Five years of related work experience and an Associates Degree. CCNP or CCNA certification.
Application Instructions: Email letter of interest, resume and/or application to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Full Time position with competitive benefits package
OPEN: June 22, 2015
CLOSE: Until filled or an
adequate number of qualified resumes are received
The Office of Information Management provides business intelligence support,
web application development, and institutional data reporting services for
Wofford College. Web application
programming utilizing ASP.net and SQL server databases is this position’s
The programmer/analyst will:
- develop and maintain web applications using Microsoft .NET
- assist in the implementation and maintenance of an institutional portal
- maintain the IIS web server and develop webpages for the college website
- create and maintain informational reports for all areas of the college
- assist in the development and implementation of performance
indicators/metrics for use in a dashboard environment
The following software and skills will be used on a regular basis:
- Visual Studio.Net (using VB.Net and a MS SQL database)
- SQL Developer (to write SQL and PL/SQL against an Oracle database)
- Business Objects Enterprise (Crystal Reports, Dashboard Manager, Performance
- Ellucian Banner higher education administrative software
- Microsoft Office suite
strong programming background and problem solving ability is essential. A
bachelor's degree in Computer science or related major is required for this
position. Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data sets, expertise in
designing and implementing web applications, and the ability to easily acquire
new skills are crucial. Preference will be given to candidates with
experience in a higher education setting. Candidates must be comfortable
working with administrators, faculty, and staff from a wide variety of
departments. Excellent oral and written communication skills are imperative for
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Send
letter of application, resume, and names and phone numbers of three references
to: Franklin Pettit, Director of Information Management, Wofford College, 429
North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303-3663. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.