Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify
Full Time position with competitive benefits package
OPEN: June 22, 2015
CLOSE: Until filled or an
adequate number of qualified resumes are received
The Office of Information Management provides business intelligence support,
web application development, and institutional data reporting services for
Wofford College. Web application
programming utilizing ASP.net and SQL server databases is this position’s
The programmer/analyst will:
- develop and maintain web applications using Microsoft .NET
- assist in the implementation and maintenance of an institutional portal
- maintain the IIS web server and develop webpages for the college website
- create and maintain informational reports for all areas of the college
- assist in the development and implementation of performance
indicators/metrics for use in a dashboard environment
The following software and skills will be used on a regular basis:
- Visual Studio.Net (using VB.Net and a MS SQL database)
- SQL Developer (to write SQL and PL/SQL against an Oracle database)
- Business Objects Enterprise (Crystal Reports, Dashboard Manager, Performance
- Ellucian Banner higher education administrative software
- Microsoft Office suite
strong programming background and problem solving ability is essential. A
bachelor's degree in Computer science or related major is required for this
position. Experience analyzing and interpreting complex data sets, expertise in
designing and implementing web applications, and the ability to easily acquire
new skills are crucial. Preference will be given to candidates with
experience in a higher education setting. Candidates must be comfortable
working with administrators, faculty, and staff from a wide variety of
departments. Excellent oral and written communication skills are imperative for
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Send
letter of application, resume, and names and phone numbers of three references
to: Franklin Pettit, Director of Information Management, Wofford College, 429
North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303-3663. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Library Research, Education, and Outreach Services
April 8, 2015: Announcement is until position is filled
Position is full-time with benefits
Wofford College seeks an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our team as we transform the Sandor Teszler Library into a vibrant academic commons. The person in this position will be responsible for advancing methods through which the library can connect with students, faculty, and staff, while also facilitating connections among those groups in the context of the library and academic commons. The successful candidate will be at ease in a collaborative working environment in which flexibility, communication, and cooperation form the foundation. Verbal and written communication skills are fundamental to this position, as is the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relations with a diverse array of individuals. Creativity and a user-centered mindset will be needed to ensure that the library’s outward facing services are successfully promoted to and easily accessed by the Wofford community.
Primary duties include:
- Steers the overarching direction of reference and research services, which are provided through a variety of methods
- Coordinates library outreach and marketing services
- Provides strategic guidance for the coordination of a multi-faceted instruction program, in collaboration with our Instruction Coordinator
- Provides oversight of circulation and reserve activities
- Facilitates collaborative endeavors with faculty, especially in the incorporation of the principles of information literacy into the curriculum
- Coordinates and participates in the development of an academic department liaison program
- Advances student engagement with the library
Other duties include:
- Contributes to collection development activities
- Assists in designing flexible, innovative, and student-focused spaces in the library
- Teaches courses for students of all levels in the instruction program
- Participates in the provision of reference services
- Contributes to the development and deployment of library assessment activities, specifically in the areas of reference, instruction, and outreach
- Supervises and evaluates library faculty and staff
Requirements for this position include:
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in academic libraries
- User-focused service philosophy
- Experience providing research services and instruction in an academic library environment
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Experience with assessing library services
- Demonstrable success with outreach and marketing library services
- Experience with and knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies
Preferred qualifications include:
- Subject master’s degree, especially in an area not already represented among the library staff
- Experience with digital liberal arts programs and activities
- Prior experience in a liberal arts college library
This position reports to the Dean of the Library, and has supervisory responsibility of permanent and student staff. The position may entail some evening and weekend work.
Located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Wofford College is a private, selective, national liberal arts college with approximately 1,600 students. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is an exciting time to be at Wofford, in part because the College is beginning the implementation of its new, ambitious Strategic Vision.
Wofford's Sandor Teszler Library is home to twelve full-time and four part-time staff members, including seven faculty librarians and archivists. Wofford's library has recently completed a partial renovation of the main level, allowing it to better facilitate student learning and collaboration. The library maintains an active instruction program, and the reference desk is staffed by library faculty approximately 55 hours a week. The institution utilizes the Summon discovery service, providing students and faculty with access to over 200 million electronic books, journals, and other resources. The library also houses the college’s special collections and archives, including the historic records of the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.
Head Volleyball Coach
CLOSE: Announcement is until position is filled.
Coaching experience at the NCAA
Division I level or head coaching experience at the NCAA Division II level
Supervision: The Head Volleyball Coach reports directly to
the Senior Associate AD.
- Prepares budget
- Prepares inventory
- Reports on needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Athletic Director
- Organizes and conducts practice sessions
- Works with the Assistant Athletic Director to order equipment
- Recruits student-athletes
- Attends professional meetings, clinics, workshops, etc.
- Works with the Sports Information Director regarding team pictures, publicity, and newsletters
- Works with the Athletic Director on scheduling
- Recommends athletes for awards
- Furnishes NCAA information regarding team roster, eligibility, coaching staff limitations, etc. to the Assistant Athletic Director
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Southern Conference, and institutional rules and complies accordingly
- Responsible for developing training rules and conduct of athletes
- Responsible for other details or any other assignment by the Athletic Director
- Works with the Athletic Trainer on team travel
- Participation in fundraising activities through the Terrier Club
- Acceptance of service on college committee
- Membership and active participation in professional organizations
- Attendance at convocations, graduations, etc. if at all possible
Review of applications will began immediately. You may direct inquiries and applications to: Ryan Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.