Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify.
OPEN: October 2, 2014
CLOSE: When filled
Position is part-time, 15 hours per week and no benefits
General Statement of Duties: The Administrative Assistant to the Computer Science and Mathematics Departments must have the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality, an ability to handle complex responsibilities in a dynamic work setting, evidence of effective oral and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, sincere regard and interest in the success of students and colleagues. This position will report to the Chairs of Computer Science and Mathematics Departments.
Minimum Qualifications: Some experience in an office setting is required, preferably in an educational environment.
Essential Job Knowledge and Skills
Examples of Daily Responsibilities
- Principles and practices of office management and records maintenance
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Computer operating systems and software involving word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Keep track of majors and minors and distribute information to specific subsets—for example, send out info from The Space to rising juniors or contact on behalf of the registrar’s office the seniors who have not yet filed for graduation.
- Help to clear majors for graduation.
- Keep minutes from department meetings and remind faculty members about their action items.
- Collect syllabi and other materials needed for accreditation.
- Help organize social occasions (reserve rooms, set up refreshments, email invitations, track number planning to attend).
- Make copies and scans.
- Help with travel arrangements and reporting expenses.
- Keep track of faculty class schedules and office hours to help students connect with faculty.
- Help with schedules for campus visits during faculty searches.
- Coordinate student workers/math tutors.
- Follow up with students who attend Scholars Day interest meetings.
- Coordinate CS Lab use by COMAP contest participants over a long weekend with Campus Safety.
- Help to make sure that paperwork gets done and contracts for adjuncts get signed and submitted.
- Help organize applications during a position search.
To Apply: Email a letter of interest, resume, and the names and addresses of three references to Lisa P. Barnett, Assistant to the Office of the Provost at email@example.com. Review of applications by the chairs will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Communications Center Dispatcher (FT position with benefits)
OPEN: July 14, 2014
CLOSE: When filled
Answers phones, processes and routes calls for service, enters and updates data into CAD software; dispatches fire, EMS and Campus Safety officers as needed; monitors the fire alarm system software; activates emergency alert system when necessary; monitors campus CCTV system.
Receives and transmits official information by Campus Safety radios and telephone.
Monitors NOAA and National Weather Service Websites and radios for developing weather patterns for the area of Spartanburg.
Suggests changes to voice and data communications systems and appropriate.
Operates/monitors campus CCTV systems.
Operates department CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) software.
Maintains and reviews digital logger recordings as necessary.
Conducts DMV inquires for field personnel.
Ability to work within a close-knit emergency communications center environment.
Knowledge of the practice and procedures used to operate an emergency communications center.
Knowledge of appropriate FCC rules, regulations and policies.
Ability to operate electronic voice and data communications equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with others.
Ability to remain calm while supporting stressful law enforcement and emergency management operations.
Standing, sitting, bending or kneeling
Skills necessary to perform essential tasks
Computer, CAD system, CCTV (both analog and digital formats), emergency alert systems to include the campus siren system, wireless communication systems, and telephones.
Required education level and background certification
Candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent and attend and successfully complete an 11-day resident basic telecommunications course at the SC Criminal Justice Academy in Columbia, SC. Candidate must pass a NCIC coded J background for law enforcement employment.
Mail letter of interest and application or resume to Director of Campus Safety, Wofford College, 429 North Church St., Spartanburg, SC 29303. Email letter of interest and application or resume to WoffordDispatcher@wofford.edu.
Hand deliver letter of interest and application to Campus Safety, 429 North Church St. Spartanburg