Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website at http://www.effort.edu/academics/facultysearches/ and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only. Download the application for employment.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify
For a full description of available faculty openings please visit the Faculty Search page or the individual links below:
Full-time visiting assistant professor or instructor in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at Wofford College invites applications for a full-time visiting assistant professor or instructor for fall semester, August 31, 2017 – December 18, 2017. Wofford College is a liberal arts institution focused on undergraduate education. Successful applicants are expected to have an aptitude for and interest in undergraduate teaching and a commitment to the liberal arts; the course load will be two sections of introductory statistics and one section of calculus. Applicants should have either a Ph.D. or Master's degree in Mathematics or a Master's degree in another field with 18 semester hours in graduate-level mathematics.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants also should arrange for three references to send letters of recommendation under separate cover to the above email address; At least one reference must address teaching effectiveness. Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis. Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status. We are committed to creating a diverse intellectual community; women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The College and the Math Department
Wofford College is a selective nationally known liberal arts college offering an integrated undergraduate experience that weaves a traditional liberal arts curriculum into a range of high-impact educational experiences, including study abroad, living-learning communities, internship and entrepreneurship opportunities, and many more. Wofford College has approximately 1,650 students. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The Department of Mathematics currently consists of seven tenured or tenure-track faculty and three adjunct faculty.
Housekeeper Full Time
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cleaning restrooms, entrances, hallways, windows, doors & frames, lounge and lobby, hall phones, water coolers
Stocking restrooms with soap, paper towels and tissue
Empty trash and recycle containers
Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming
Dusting furniture, desks
Cleaning and checking walls for spots and marks
Special cleaning requests
Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel and bend.
Walk up and down stairs, stadium bank and bleachers.
Pressure washing sidewalks, porches and handrails; blowing leaves
Check for trash outside of buildings
Ability to lift, push and pull required load (max weight 40 lbs)
Follow all company safety and security procedures
Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
APPLY at Wofford College Plant, 460 Cumming Street
Status: Full-time, 10-month appointment August 1st - May 31st
Department: Student Affairs
Reports to: Director of Residence Life and the Associate Director of Residence Life
The Resident Director provides general management of a residence hall or residential area as a live-in professional staff member, and also works in a coordinated assignment in the Office of Student Affairs.
Resident Director General Statement of Duties
Promotes and enhances a supportive community environment in his/her residence area which is conducive to academic achievement and personal growth. Contributes to activities, programs, and decisions
designed to strengthen the overall Student Affairs and Residence Life Program.
- Develop, create, and supervise activities and programs of an educational, recreational, cultural, and academic nature.
- Maintain a sense of community, respect for individual and group rights, and preserve order within the halls by enforcing College and residence hall policies; coordinate with Campus Safety as appropriate.
- Provide academic and personal support to students through intensive student interaction and by being visible in the residence hall.
- Supervise a staff of 7-10 undergraduate RA.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings, conduct regular one-on-one meetings with staff members, and maintain accurate RA files.
- Track RA programming budgets and RA programming.
- Maintain records of Room Condition Reports and Hall Damages.
- Assist in the selection, training and evaluation of Residence Life Staff. Assist with the development and participation of RA training.
- Participate in an "on-call" schedule including weeknight and weekend coverage.
- Make rounds through buildings and campus on a varied basis.
- Provide back-up support to other RDs in case of illness, vacation or emergency.
- Respond to crisis and emergency situations as necessary.
- Earn CPR and First Aid certification and be willing to call upon these skills if necessary during emergency situations.
- Plan and coordinate personnel and other resources necessary for the opening and closing of the residence hall at the end of each semester, vacation period, and other breaks in the academic schedule as required.
- Serve as a role model and knowledgeable resource that students can approach for answers regarding college policies, Make referrals to appropriate on campus and off-campus resources as necessary.
- Assist in the processing and mediation of policy violations with the Director of Residence Life and Dean of Students as needed. Administer the judicial process for various minor policy violations as appropriate.
- Demonstrate understanding to students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, economic status, geographic origin, and ethnicity.
- Follow up with maintenance concerns to Maintenance Office and Director of Residence Life.
- Maintain and update inventory of all equipment and furnishings in the residence hall.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of students including completing Health & Safety inspections, weekly building inspections, and daily building tours.
- Attend regular staff meetings with Residence Life Staff, the Student Affairs Staff, and various college events.
- Assist the Office of Student Affairs with communication as needed by creating databases, spreadsheets, word documents, and through advertisements, phone, email and mailings.
- Support the Student Affairs in the implementation of major campus programs including but not limited to: Orientation, Leadership Wofford, MLK Day and Black History Month, Greek Week, Spring Weekend and Commencement activities.
- Complete 20 hours in the Student Affairs Office through a coordinated assignment (listed below).
- Perform and assist with central Office of Residence Life duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by working as a member of a team.
Resident Directors are required to complete 20-hours a week in Student Affairs work with a coordinate assignment in one or more of the areas listed below. This work is assigned by the Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life. Candidates are encouraged to identify the areas they have an interest or expertise.
Diversity and Inclusion
Continuing Education Plan
Resident Directors are encouraged to continue their personal academic inquiry while in this position, RDs may elect to enter a graduate program at a nearby institution (USC, Clemson, Columbia College, UNC-A, UNCC etc. at their own expense) take a class per semester at Wofford, participate in a local internship, or complete independent studies with professors. The Office of Student Affairs and the Residence Life office will work with the RD to accommodate educational pursuits that do not interfere with completing the job responsibilities.
Bachelor's Degree required; previous experience in Residence Hall leadership preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation includes $1,200 paid monthly. Free housing, utilities, high speed internet, and cable in a semi-furnished on-campus apartment. Competitive benefits package to include health insurance. Free campus parking privileges. Free Laundry Services. A meal plan when the dining room is open. Free entrance to home athletic events. Professional development opportunities. A tuition benefit to enroll in one Wofford College class per semester tuition-free (at the Director's approval).
To Apply: please send a letter of interest, a resume, and the names and addresses of three references to Mr. Demario Watts, Associate Director of Residence Life, Wofford College, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303-3663. You may also email applications to email@example.com.
Head Men's Golf Coach
Open: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Reports to: Athletic Director
Wofford College is seeking and accepting applications for a Head Men's Golf Coach.
Statement of Duties:
Duties include but are not limited to: preparing budget; organizing and conducts practice sessions; recruiting student-athletes inventory of supplies and equipment; reporting on needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Athletic Director.
Working with the Assistant Athletic Director to order equipment; attending professional meetings, clinics, workshops, etc.; working with the Sports Information Director regarding team pictures, publicity, and newsletters. Scheduling; recommending athletes for awards; furnishing NCAA information regarding team roster, eligibility, coaching staff limitations, etc. to the Assistant Athletic Director. Maintaining a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Southern, and institutional rules and complies accordingly, responsible for organizing team travel; responsible for developing training rules and conduct of athletes; responsible for other details or any other assignment by the Athletic Director. In addition, the head coach will participate in fundraising activities through the Terrier Club and other College activities.
A bachelor's degree is required and college coaching experience is preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, and references to: Mark Line, Deputy Athletic Director - Wofford College, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.