Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify
Full-time Groundskeeper with benefits
OPEN: April 21, 2015
CLOSE: Until filled
Wofford College is seeking a full-time experienced groundskeeper to care for established lawns by mowing, mulching, aerating, weeding, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, parking lots, and buildings; mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders; mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and lawn edgers; gather and remove litter; prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
Groundskeepers must know how to use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes also understand uses and operation of each.
Groundskeepers must be weather tolerant because all work is performed outdoors in different weather conditions
Minimum qualifications: previous experience- 2 years in grounds maintenance field or college degree; irrigation experience is preferred.
How to Apply: Complete and submit a Wofford College Application for Employment and three (3) references. Applications can be downloaded from the Wofford College Human Resource website. You may mail your application package to Johney Bonds, Grounds Supervisor, Wofford College, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Applications may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or hand-delivered to the Physical Plant Cummings Street Facility.
Director of Library Research, Education, and Outreach Services
April 8, 2015: Announcement is until position is filled
Position is full-time with benefits
Wofford College seeks an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our team as we transform the Sandor Teszler Library into a vibrant academic commons. The person in this position will be responsible for advancing methods through which the library can connect with students, faculty, and staff, while also facilitating connections among those groups in the context of the library and academic commons. The successful candidate will be at ease in a collaborative working environment in which flexibility, communication, and cooperation form the foundation. Verbal and written communication skills are fundamental to this position, as is the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relations with a diverse array of individuals. Creativity and a user-centered mindset will be needed to ensure that the library’s outward facing services are successfully promoted to and easily accessed by the Wofford community.
Primary duties include:
- Steers the overarching direction of reference and research services, which are provided through a variety of methods
- Coordinates library outreach and marketing services
- Provides strategic guidance for the coordination of a multi-faceted instruction program, in collaboration with our Instruction Coordinator
- Provides oversight of circulation and reserve activities
- Facilitates collaborative endeavors with faculty, especially in the incorporation of the principles of information literacy into the curriculum
- Coordinates and participates in the development of an academic department liaison program
- Advances student engagement with the library
Other duties include:
- Contributes to collection development activities
- Assists in designing flexible, innovative, and student-focused spaces in the library
- Teaches courses for students of all levels in the instruction program
- Participates in the provision of reference services
- Contributes to the development and deployment of library assessment activities, specifically in the areas of reference, instruction, and outreach
- Supervises and evaluates library faculty and staff
Requirements for this position include:
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in academic libraries
- User-focused service philosophy
- Experience providing research services and instruction in an academic library environment
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Experience with assessing library services
- Demonstrable success with outreach and marketing library services
- Experience with and knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies
Preferred qualifications include:
- Subject master’s degree, especially in an area not already represented among the library staff
- Experience with digital liberal arts programs and activities
- Prior experience in a liberal arts college library
This position reports to the Dean of the Library, and has supervisory responsibility of permanent and student staff. The position may entail some evening and weekend work.
Located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Wofford College is a private, selective, national liberal arts college with approximately 1,600 students. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is an exciting time to be at Wofford, in part because the College is beginning the implementation of its new, ambitious Strategic Vision.
Wofford's Sandor Teszler Library is home to twelve full-time and four part-time staff members, including seven faculty librarians and archivists. Wofford's library has recently completed a partial renovation of the main level, allowing it to better facilitate student learning and collaboration. The library maintains an active instruction program, and the reference desk is staffed by library faculty approximately 55 hours a week. The institution utilizes the Summon discovery service, providing students and faculty with access to over 200 million electronic books, journals, and other resources. The library also houses the college’s special collections and archives, including the historic records of the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.
For information on Wofford College, view our web site at http://www.wofford.edu.