Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
FACULTY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: May be viewed on the academic department website at http://www.wofford.edu/academics/facultysearches/ and by contacting the Office of the Provost at 864-597-4020.
HOUSEKEEPING, GROUNDS, MAINTENANCE EMPLOYMENT: Contact the Physical Plant Office at 864-597-4380. Applications may be obtained from the Physical Plant office located in the Cummings Street Administration Building.
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYMENT: Contact Aramark Food Services at 597-4250. Applications may be obtained from Aramark Food Services in the Burwell Building. Listed below.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow application procedures in the announcement. Wofford College does not maintain an open resume/application file. Resumes and applications are accepted in response to published vacancy announcements only. Download the application for employment.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Wofford College. We invite you to periodically view this webpage for employment opportunities. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, selection committees and hiring officials may be unable to send receipt of resume acknowledgements to applicants.
Nothing communicated on this webpage creates or binds the college to any contractual rights under state law.
Wofford College participates in E-Verify
For a full description of available faculty openings please visit the Faculty Search page or the individual links below:
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER
Full-Time position with benefits
Open: Immediately until filled
Summary of Position: A sworn law enforcement officer reporting to the Director of Campus Safety. The Campus Safety Officer performs duties in accordance with established policies and procedures regarding security, safety, law enforcement, and traffic services on the Wofford College campus.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies and protecting students, employees and visitors and property of the same and of the college.
- Conducts patrols of a specific assigned area of the campus or the entire campus on foot, cart, bike, or patrol vehicle, responding to each need for campus safety service that is brought to his or her attention through observation, personal contact or radio dispatch.
- Opens, closes and secures facilities (proactive security), controls access, responds to alarms, initiates work orders for inoperative security and safety equipment, and inspects facilities. Investigates suspicious activity with the aim of crime prevention and apprehension of criminals.
- Directs traffic, assists motorists, provides personal escorts after dark upon request, escorts money transfers as requested, provides security, traffic control and crowd control at special events and campus activities, participates in crime prevention and reduction programs, attends community meetings on problem resolution and service support representing the Department and Wofford College.
- Maintains positive and effective public relations in support of the Department and college while in the performance of his/her duty.
- Enforces all applicable laws, campus regulations and department policies and procedures. Makes arrests in accordance with state and federal laws. Completes serious incident reports in accordance with college policy and investigates all reports, complaints, incidents, and accidents.
- Performs first-aid and CPR services as required. Assists in response to fire and fire alarms. Corrects/reports fire and safety hazards and responds to disasters, explosions, severe weather situations, and other emergencies.
- Follows safety procedures.
Work Environment: Frequent work out doors. Patrolling involves foot, cart and motor vehicle patrol. The majority of an eight hour day will be on patrol. Campus Safety Officers do carry firearms daily but will not be issued a weapon until fully certified by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. Some officers will patrol on bicycles. Frequent walking, running, standing, lifting (must be able to walk with 50lb weight), occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma, Certificate/License: Class I Law Enforcement certification within one year of hire, NCIC Code Z (for law enforcement hire) background investigation, possess valid state driver’s license with good driving record.
Application Instructions: Email application to Randy Hall, Campus Safety Director at email@example.com or mail application to Randy Hall, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg SC 29303. Applications can be downloaded from www.wofford.edu or obtained from the Campus Safety Office.
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
Wofford College seeks a dynamic, friendly and highly organized individual to serve as our Interlibrary Loan Coordinator and Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the Library. Using standard interlibrary loan procedures and online resources, the person in this position carries out our vital interlibrary loan services for Wofford faculty, students and staff, and fulfills interlibrary loan requests from other libraries. Proficiency with computers and with standard office technology and applications are critical to this position.
This person also provides general administrative support for the Dean of the Library, which includes a wide variety of routine clerical activities as well as scheduling, ordering supplies, assistance with projects and data collection. The position also entails occasional supervision of student assistants as well as occasional support for the library’s Circulation Department. Verbal and written communication skills are fundamental to this position, as is the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relations with a diverse array of individuals. The person in this position must be able to manage multiple detailed activities with frequent distraction.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in standard computer applications, such as MS Office, and the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to carry out detailed work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience providing interlibrary loan services
- Prior experience in an academic library
- Knowledge of copyright regulations
- Familiarity with academic library databases and scholarly publishing
Wofford College, established in 1854, is a four-year, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, S.C. It offers 25 major fields of study to a student body of 1,650 undergraduates. Nationally known for the strength of its academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation and successful graduates, Wofford is home to one of the nation’s 283 Phi Beta Kappa chapters. The college community enjoys Greek Life as well as 19 NCAA Division I athletics teams.
Wofford College's Sandor Teszler Library is home to 12 full-time and four part-time staff members, including seven faculty librarians and archivists. Wofford's library recently has completed a partial renovation of the main level, allowing it to better facilitate student learning and collaboration. The library maintains an active instruction program, and the reference desk is staffed by library faculty approximately 55 hours a week. The institution utilizes the Summon discovery service, providing students and faculty with access to more than 200 million electronic books, journals and other resources. The library also houses the college’s special collections and archives, including the historic records of the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housekeeper Full Time
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cleaning restrooms, entrances, hallways, windows, doors & frames, lounge and lobby, hall phones, water coolers
Stocking restrooms with soap, paper towels and tissue
Empty trash and recycle containers
Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming
Dusting furniture, desks
Cleaning and checking walls for spots and marks
Special cleaning requests
Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel and bend.
Walk up and down stairs, stadium bank and bleachers.
Pressure washing sidewalks, porches and handrails; blowing leaves
Check for trash outside of buildings
Ability to lift, push and pull required load (max weight 40 lbs)
Follow all company safety and security procedures
Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
APPLY at Wofford College Plant, 460 Cumming Street