One of our highest priorities is attracting the best and brightest students and securing their access to a Wofford education. Nearly every Wofford student receives some type of financial assistance. With the rising costs of education, students use the amount of financial aid available to them as the determining factor in choosing a college. Scholarship support ensures that Wofford remains competitive.
The college offers two opportunities to establish an endowed scholarship:
1. A minimum of $50,000, payable over up to five years, establishes a named permanently endowed scholarship.
2. A commitment of $25,000, payable over five years, coupled with a documented estate/insurance plan for an additional $100,000 establishes a named, permanently endowed scholarship. This option offers the donor the opportunity to establish the scholarship with a lower initial gift when it is combined with a generous planned gift.
The sky is the limit on the upper end: the greater the fund size, the greater the benefit to deserving students. Recently Wofford has awarded 4.5% of the market value of each endowed fund and each fund has grown by a similar percentage annually. There are no upper limits on any endowed funds.
Currently, scholarships endowed at the following levels will produce these scholarship amounts:
- A $50,000 endowment produces $2,250.
- A $100,000 endowment produces $4,500.
- A $250,000 endowment produces $11,250.
- A $500,000 endowment produces $22,500.
- A $750,000 endowment produces $33,750.
- A $1,000,000 endowment produces $45,000.
For more information:
If you have an interest in other endowment opportunities, please contact the Development Office at the phone number or e-mail address listed above and a development officer will be happy to discuss possibilities with you.