Fit to Give
Welcome to Fit to Give, a new fitness program for Wofford faculty and staff. Get in shape while giving back to the Wofford community!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Fit to Give? Fit to Give is a new fitness program for Wofford faculty and staff. Participants will work to increase daily activity (tracked by Fitbit devices) and in doing so will earn money for the Annual Fund.
- When does the challenge begin and end? The challenge officially launches on Friday, March 14 and ends on Thursday, May 15 at midnight. However, you can go ahead and begin using your device right away!
- Why should I participate? By participating, you'll have the opportunity to improve your daily activity with support from fellow faculty and staff while also supporting Wofford’s Annual Fund. You also receive a FitBit free of charge or at a discounted price.
- How do I register? Click here to register.
- How does Wofford benefit from this challenge? $10,000 has been provided by individual donors for this challenge. Participants earn money for the college’s Annual Fund by completing the Fit to Give Challenge (wearing your Fitbit for at least 42 days during the challenge's duration). See questions 10-11 for more information on the prize money.
- How much will the Fitbit cost me? The Fitbit Zip (retail value of $59.95) is available at no cost to you as long as you complete the challenge (defined as tracking steps for at least 42 days of the challenge period). The Fitbit One and the Fitbit Flex (retail values of $99.95) are available at a cost of $34 as long as you complete the challenge.
- What if I already have a Fitbit? That’s terrific! You don't need to order a new Fitbit. Simply register here and then join our activity group “Wofford College Fit to Give” on the Fitbit website.
- What if I lose or break my Fitbit? Devices that are lost or broken can be replaced at the following rates: $38.22 for a Zip or $63.72 for Flex or One.
- Which device is better? Each person has different preferences. You can visit the Fitbit website (www.fitbit.com) to learn more about each model and which one might be best for you.
- How will the prize money be divided? $10,000 has been provided by individual donors for this challenge. The money will be split amongst the participants who complete the challenge. So, for example, if we have 100 participants sign-up but only 50 complete the challenge, each individual would get gift credit for $200 (over and above what they may already donate to the college).
- What does it mean that I will get memo or soft credit for the gift? The actual donor will get hard credit for the gift and be allowed to claim the gift to the IRS for tax purposes. However, you will get gift club recognition for the donation.
- Will Fitbit work with my smartphone? Yes, there is an app available for the iPhone and Android phones.
- What if I forget to wear my Fitbit some days? As long as you wear the device at least two-thirds of the time (42 days in this case), you will qualify as having completed the challenge.
- Do I get to keep my Fitbit when the challenge is over? Yes, it belongs to you! We hope that you will continue to monitor yourself and encourage your colleagues to keep moving.
- Can I try out the different models? We suggest that you talk to members of the community who already have Fitbit devices and make your decision carefully. You can visit the Fitbit website (www.fitbit.com) to learn more about each model and which one might be best for you. Once you have set-up your device it cannot be exchanged.
- Is there a tutorial on how to use a Fitbit? Yes, it is available on the Fitbit website (www.fitbit.com) when you log in to set-up your device. Once you have set-up an account there is further help on the dashboard under settings.