The chosen philanthropy of Delta Delta Delta is child cancer research. In 1999, our organization partnered with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to further our philanthropic goals. St. Jude, located in Memphis, TN, provides groundbreaking research in various child cancers while also caring for a number of children diagnosed with one of these diseases. No family pays for anything for the duration of their stay at St. Jude. This includes transportation to and from the hospital, temporary housing, all treatment, and anything else the family needs.
- In 2005, Tri Delta raised $1 million dollars that endowed St. Jude's Teen Room
- In 2006, Tri Delta took on a second commitment to raise $10 million in 10 years to name the Patient Care Floor which we met in just four years
- In 2010, Tri Delta chapters nationwide committed to raise $15 million in 5 years for St. Jude to name the Specialty Clinic and met that in just 3.5 years
- Since 1999, Tri Delta has raised over $30 million dollars for St. Jude
- Now, Tri Delta has committed to raising $60 million in 10 years to name Tri Delta Place, the short-term patient housing facility at St. Jude
Our chapter holds several events each year in order to raise money: Sincerely Yours letters, Relay for Life teams, Smooch the Pooch, and our kickball tournament, Triple Play. Last year, our chapter raised $34,000 for St. Jude, the second largest contributor of our size! This year, we have been challenged to raise $40,000. Our service to our philanthropy also extends beyond Wofford College. Several of our sisters have visited and volunteered at St. Jude.
For more information about Tri Delta's partnership with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as well as our other philanthropy efforts, please visit the Delta Delta Delta philanthropy website.