Venture Program Time Commitment
Like most things in life, you'll get out of Venture what you put into it. Venture is for students who are serious about creating a business idea and doing the necessary work to bring that idea to the marketplace.
What you can expect:
- Venture selection begins each fall with an information session. Students who elect to participate will have the full school year to develop their idea.
- You may work alone or with a partner(s), but you will be responsible for all facets of development, from research through creating a business plan, to implementing a version of your idea.
- You should plan to attend a regular series of information sessions with other students and with Venture entrepreneurs.
- You will be responsible for initiating any additional meetings to seek advice from Venture entrepreneurs.
- At the end of the school year, you will present your fully-developed idea to the Venture group during the Annual Business Plan Competition.
- Expect to spend at least 2-5 hours each week working on Venture tasks.