South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU)
Career Connections 2013
Wednesday, January 30
Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
1101 Lincoln Street, Columbia, SC 29201
8:15 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Register to attend by Monday, January 28 at 5pm via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Erin Emory, Assistant Director of Career Services, at 597-4265.
SCICU's Career Connections is a networking/hiring event specifically for college students, and it's your opportunity to connect with one or more of the nearly 60 participating employers seeking new hires in education, banking, finance, marketing, research, communication, sales, and more.
- 8:15am Registration & check-in at the Wofford table
9:00-10:45 Networking Event
11:00-11:50 Lunch on your own
Here's how it works:
1. Register to participate by emailing Erin Emory, Assistant Director of Career Services (email@example.com). Registration deadline: Monday, January 28 at 5pm. Send your name, cell phone number, and a 1-page copy of your resume in .pdf format.
2. Travel to Columbia on your own (carpool with friends - it's a lot more fun and saves money!). There will be a charge for parking in the lot across from the Convention Center.
3. Register and Check-in at the Wofford table.
4. Attend the Networking Event: the purpose is to hand-out your resume to companies you are interested in, learn about the position and schedule interviews for later in the day. To best utilize this time, research the companies in advance.
5. Lunch will be on your own.
6. During the afternoon, you'll interview with the companies that selected you based on your Networking Event conversation.
1. Dress in interview attire. For men, a dark suit and tie. For women, a skirt suit or pant suit or conservative dress. Nothing too tight, low-cut, or short. If you don't have a suit jacket, a nice blouse and a cardigan are fine. Read more tips here.
2. Bring copies of your resume, at least 20-30. Resume tips here.
3. Read our interview tips here.
4. Parking is on your own and there will be a cost.
5. Lunch is on your own. Bring money or snacks.
6. You may be contacted to schedule an interview prior to the event. Respond as quickly as possible - within one day at the most. If you are not contacted prior to the event, don't worry - you absolutely should attend the event and schedule your interviews there.