Campus Union Committee Chair Application Form
The deadline to submit this completed application is Friday, March 8th by 12 pm (no exceptions). Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Which Campus Union Committee Chair(s) are you applying for?
1) Why do you want to serve as this (these) committee chair(s)?
2) What are your personal strengths that would allow you to best serve as this (these) committee chair(s)?
3) Have you served on this committee before?
4) If yes, please list your involvement (i.e. sub-committee chair, etc.) and year(s) served.
5) Please list other organizations you are a member of for the upcoming year, specific responsibilities (i.e. president, committee chair, etc.) and time commitment involved.
Campus Relations Committee
The Campus Relations Committee will be responsible for Campus Union having good relations with the student body, the faculty, and the larger Spartanburg community. This committee will be the sole advertiser of Campus Union, advertising elections and events as well as making sure students understand what their Student Government is doing for them. The Campus Relations Committee will plan and implement a project so students can show appreciation to the Faculty and Staff, as well as help plan Wofford's annual Winter Lighting. Also, the committee will have to be innovative and responsive to the needs of the Cabinet and the entire Assembly.
1) Do you agree to give up all responsibilities of other committees to focus entirely on the Campus Relations Committee? If not, why not?
2) How can CRC help publicize Campus Union in the coming year?
3) If selected as committee chair, what are specific goals you have in mind to improve the current committee and how do you see this committee impacting campus life?
4) Please add any other comments you have about CRC or your possible role in its future.
Facility Affairs Committee
The Facility Affairs Committee Chairperson provides quality leadership in the areas of facility management for food services, maintenance, and other areas of concern for students. The chairperson will be required to be on good terms with the Senior Vice President of Business, the Dean of Students, the Director of the Physical Plant, and the Director of Food Services.
1) Would you agree to give up all responsibilities to other committees to focus entirely on the Facility Affairs Committee? If not, why not?
2) What strengths do you possess that would make you a good chair of the Facility Affairs Committee?
3) Would you be responsive to the needs of the entire assembly and the Cabinet, replying promptly to their requests?
4) How do you plan to form and maintain good relationships with the staff members listed above whose help is vital to accomplishing facility goals?
5) If selected as committee chair, what are specific goals you have in mind to improve the current committee and how do you see this committee impacting campus life?
6) Please make any additional comments here.
Wofford Activities Council
WAC is the largest committee of Campus Union and plans many large social activities for the student body. In addition to chairing weekly meetings, the committee chair/co-chairs are responsible for meeting with the Director of Student Activities on a weekly basis and are expected to attend the majority of the sub-committee meetings. Committee chair/co-chairs are also expected to attend the majority of events sponsored by WAC.
1) Please list an example of your time management skills, your organizational skills, and your creativity. How do you plan to manage all of your responsibilities?
2) What changes/improvements do you think need to be maid to this committee to improve the social life on campus and what ideas do you have in mind towards making these changes/improvements?
3) Do you enjoy working with others on both large and small projects?
4) What is your leadership style (i.e. very organized, work behind the scenes, etc.)?
5) Would you prefer chairing this committee on your own or sharing the task with a co-chair and why?
Fun Funds Committee
The Fun Funds Committee is responsible for allocating money to individuals and groups to put on fun events. This programming will be a compliment to other social activities on the campus and will be for all to attend. The committee is also responsible for funding a variety of events and appealing to a variety of viewpoints among the student body. The chair is responsible for giving guidance to those who plan events, for major publicity of the Fun Funds Committee, and for responsibly allocating money to those who apply for it.
1) Would you agree to give up all responsibilities to other committees/organizations to focus entirely on the Fun Funds Committee? If not, why not?
2) What strengths do you have that qualify you for the position?
3) If selected as committee chair, what are specific goals you have in mind to improve the current committee and how you see this committee impacting campus life?
4) What experience do you have in planning events, whether through Fun Funds or organizations?
Athletics and Recreation Committee
The Wofford Athletics Recreation Committee promotes and publicizes athletic events for all sports. It strives to increase student attendance and spirit at all sporting events. The vision of the committee is to have at athletic events a part of every student's week. Wofford Athletics and Recreation works directly with Sports Marketing and the Director of Intramurals and Recreation to help increase interest and student participation in athletic events campus-wide.
1) What makes you a good leader?
2) What Wofford sporting events did you attend this year?
3) What improvements do you think should be made to the athletic department, student involvement, and all other sporting events on campus?
4) What are some ideas you want to put in place if you were the Committee Chair? Be creative and detailed.
I have read an understand everything on this application. I certify that all information on this application is true to the best of my knowledge and that I must notify Campus Union of any changes.