Arthur Vining Davis Foundation Grant
Wofford’s recent grant from the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations provides funding to support collaboration by high school teachers, Wofford faculty, and Wofford students on innovative projects for high school classrooms. The $200,000, 3-year grant creates High Impact Fellows, a cadre of Wofford students who will partner with a high school faculty member and Wofford faculty member to develop ready-to-use classroom materials that reflect current research in various disciplines.
Learn about the work of the first group of High Impact Fellows teams at the Summit, April 27! Lunch will be provided for those who register by April 20, 2013:
Program for the Summit
What do you need to know about the High Impact Fellows program?
- Each High Impact team crafts a curricular project the Wofford student will carry out in conjunction with a study abroad experience, capstone, thesis, or independent research project.
- High Impact Fellows work with their two mentors to translate their research into a classroom-ready product linked to state standards and tailored for use in a high school classroom.
- After Fellows finalize their materials, they will co-lead a professional development summit for teachers with their mentors.
- Grant-funded stipends will support high school faculty, Wofford faculty, and students in their work and underwrite the summit where curricular products are delivered.
- We’ll form our first teams by August 20, 2012, and host a summit in late spring 2013.
- We need your collaboration!
Are you a high school teacher interested in being a project mentor or attending a summit? Let us know on our Teacher interest form.
Are you a Wofford professor interested in being a project mentor? Let us know on our Wofford Professor interest form.
Are you a Wofford student interested in being a High Impact Fellow? Let us know on our Wofford Student interest form.
Grant Coordinator Contact Information
Laura Barbas Rhoden & Kaye Savage
Coordinators, AVD High Impact Fellows Program
Spartanburg Herald Journal article: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120311/ARTICLES/203111027
Wofford College Newsroom: http://www.wofford.edu/newsroom/2012/Wofford-receives-200000-dollar-grant-to-partner-with-high-schools/
Reports and Documents