arttour4

 

Snyder HouseSnyder House 



Main Floor Hall & Stairwell
Upper Floor Hall 

This original faculty residence was allocated to professor Whitefoord Smith as he arrived for the 1855-1856 session. When Smith retired in 1891, a young professor, Henry Nelson Snyder, moved into the house, living here throughout his presidency (1902-1942) and beyond to 1949. After Mrs. Snyder died in 1956, the house was remodeled for administrative and classroom uses. Snyder House currently houses the Business Office.