arttour1

DuPré Administration BuildingDuPré Administration Building



 Main Floor Hall, Stairwell, &
Upper Floor Hall

Board of Trustees Meeting Room

The DuPré Administration Building was built in 1853-54 to serve as a faculty home. Warren DuPré was the first occupant. He was replaced by his son, Daniel Allston DuPré, who rebuilt the house after a fire in 1881. A. Mason DuPré, their cousin, lived here from 1930 through 1949, after which the home was remodeled for use as administrative offices. Now it houses the offices of the President, the Dean of the College, the Vice President of Administration, The Registrar, and the Associate Dean/Director of Programs Abroad. The Board of Trustees meeting room is also located in the building.