Chinese Scholars Program
Wofford will select up to 3 Chinese Scholars within the freshman class of 2014. Requirements for nomination are as follows:
1. Be citizens of China
2. Be ranked within the top 10% of their high school senior class.
3. Have minimum SAT scores of 1250 (not counting the Essay portion), or have an ACT Composite score of 28.
4. Have minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80, or IELTS score of Band 7.
5. Be active in leadership and service roles in their school/community.
Potential scholarship candidates must apply for admission to Wofford and participate in an interview via either skype (preferred) or phone. The dates of the interview will be scheduled shortly after the deadline for which they apply and scheduled at a mutually agreeable time. Application deadlines are November 15 for Early Decision and February 1 for Regular Admission.
To be eligible, nominees must supply the following items:
1. The Common Application with Wofford supplement
2. The High School Report Form with an official transcript
3. Official SAT/ACT scores
4. Official TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores
5. A letter of recommendation
Chinese Scholar awards will begin at $10,000 per year or $40,000 over a four year period.
For additional information contact:
Assistant Director of Admissionriggssb@wofford.edu