Katherine Aul '07
Landscape Designer and Webmaster
Chelsea Garden Center, Manhattan, New York
Student, Columbia University, New York
M.S. in Landscape Design, Columbia University (2012)
B.A. Art History, Wofford College (2007)
- Lived in Tokyo, Japan from 2007 -2009
- Traveled extensively through Japan, Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand) and most recently (January 2012) Turkey – studying landscape design practices, native plant species, practicing photography, etc.
- Helped jump-start Wofford’s Environmental Studies Program and renovated, designed and installed the “Secret Garden” in the courtyard of the Black Science Annex (2009-2010)
- Moved to NYC in 2010, began Master’s program at Columbia
- Summer 2010 Horticultural Internship Program- the New York Botanical Garden
- Early 2011-Present- hired as the webmaster and for horticultural sales & landscape design at the Chelsea Garden Center (one of the oldest design + build firms in the city and essentially the only plant nursery in the city) in Manhattan, NYC.
- 2011- Selected as the student representative of Columbia University’s Landscape Design Department – featured in the promotional video - http://ce.columbia.edu/files/ce/multimedia/Landscape_General/columbia_masters_landscape_design_video.html
- 2011-Invited to join Columbia University’s committee for the 2012 Senior Class Gift as the representative of the Landscape Design Department